CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Another week in the life of the Little's

Nothing exciting happened on monday, I don't have any pictures for that day... :)


Tuesday at work my secret pal had struck again.....




The vampire socks cracked me up, but I said as soon as Roman saw them he would steal them, and I was right. I think he wore them ALLL week, lol. He loves vampires and crazy socks. The coffe cup says "Halloween brings out the witch in me" Hee hee....
Secret pals are so much fun.

Tuesday evening Roman had football......









and karate.....








Our regular weekday morning routine goes like this: Starla & I get up somewhere between 6:30-7am, wake up Bourbon at 7am, wake up Roman at 7:30am, take Bourbon to school at 8:05, come back and get Roman and take him to school at 8:45 (and if its a workday we go to school after we drop him off)

But on Wednesdays Roman has Chess club at 7:30 before school, so when we take Bourbon at school at 8:05 we have no real reason to go back home, so we go to the park to play until we have to be at school at 9am. Usually I just sit and read a book or watch her play. But this day I decided to walk laps around the playground, woo hoo for me! I gotta stop gaining weight, and not only that but I gott start losing it!!! I'm getting really upset about it. I'm pretty good at the excercising part, but the eating healthy I just can't seem to do.....sigh.










Wednesday I had written down that Bourbon & I were to work the concession stand for band, but yet when we got there, no one was there. DOH! I swear I can't keep track of anything anymore, I am so scatterbrained.


mmmmm.....oreos!





Alan shaved off his crazy looking double handled beard and documented it....

Before.....





After....







Thursday was Roman's last football game (basketball starts the week after fall break) and Starla had dance class.

During this month they get to pick out fun head wear for dance class.....









after Dance was over I rushed Starla to Roman's football game to drop her off and pick up Bourbon, and we headed to go work the concession stand (take 2, got the right night this time....) at the Jr high football game. We both have so much fun doing it, it's just a good time, and a good way for me to have some time doing something with just him.










Friday I took Starla to our photographer's annual Halloween pictures/ Fall food drive event that she has. You bring in canned goods and take pics in costume and get just a couple of pictures. Last year after halloween when all of the costumes were 75% off I picked up a disco girl & poodle skirt girl costume for $3 each for Starla, so I just let her pick which one she wanted to wear. She picked the disco girl. :)

You can also go to WWW.KimberlyStephensPhoto.com and click on the 'Sessions' tab at the top of the screen, enter the session ID Bootiful3 (capital B) and check out all the pics she took of Starla, I think she was on page 5 or so. You can also order copies of them for $10 each, just go to the contact us tab on the web site, and give them the photo # you want to order and she will get them ready for you. :)









Starla just hanging out Friday afternoon....







Bright & Early saturday morning the boys went to Midwest City High school to participate in a day of fun classes provided through their ACE (gifted) program at their schools. It offered a dozen different classes to kids in the ACE program from 2nd-6th grade. The boys got to choose 5 classes and they went from 9am-2pm.

Bourbon took Radio, Advertising, Shape up Poetry, Crack the Code, and "Reel" History.

Roman took Sign Language, Crack the Code, Advertising, Radio and Storytelling.

They took their classes in that order, so even though they took some of the same classes, they wouldn't be in the same class. :)











After we dropped the boys off there, Starla & I headed to our Early Birds class, which is the school readiness program through mid-del schools, a branch of our Parents As Teachers group. They always give us a bag full of free toys & activities for Starla to help her get ready for school. Lots of fun!







Saturday night Alan & I got to have a date night and go see Kristen Chenoweth at the civic center. She has the most AMAZING voice, she is soooo talented. I love her. She has a Christmas Album and a new book out that I want!!! She is going to be inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame next month :)




And on Sunday the Devil enjoyed a rare snowball fight thanks to Nate saying "I do". :D But since I took over 300 pics (I was the "official" photographer, thank you very much) it will be getting it's own blog post next........

Here are the bride & groom with their combined 7 children!! I said they are the modern day Brady bunch, he has 4 and she has 3. :)



This week has been a pretty stressful week. Just life with 3 kids and all the things involved with them is pretty stressful, but Alan and his bi-polar swings and inability to handle stress well also leads to stress for all the rest of us. We've had some pretty nasty arguements lately, even to the point where friday night Alan said he was going to leave and wanted to separate. But he didn't. However, we are shopping around for a counselor, and if we don't get one soon I'm not sure we will make it through it all. We want one for not only us and our laundry list of maritial problems, but one that can work with the boys as well, to help them deal with the effects of living with a bi-polar parent and how that effects them, as well as just the normal stresses of growing up. So prayers for us would be greatly appreciated.

This week is fall break, and we are planning on some fun family days that hopefully will be enjoyable and not stressful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment