Wednesday is my mom's birthday, so Sunday we spent the day with her & my dad, my aunt and her grandson in bricktown. First we went to Toby Keith's for lunch, and then we took a ride on the canal. It was lots of fun!
I started school on monday, which was a tough day. First of all it was from 7:30a-5pm, so it was alot of sitting. We had several speakers going over various topics. Monday was bullying, bloodborne pathogens, suicide, and child abuse (which included lots of horrible pictures and stories of child abuse) so it was hard to get through. I know it is all necessary, and good training, but never much fun. The Teacher of the year from last year also got to speak with us for an hour, which was awesome. Then today we had 2 different lawyers talk to us about our rights, what to avoid, etc, etc. We also had another teacher come talk to us from Putnam high school who was amazing. Tomorrow we only go from 9a-12:30pm to talk about what happens at student teaching, so that should be interesting. And then student teaching starts on monday! I am so excited! For the first 3 weeks we only go to our school for about 3 hours in the morning and then head to UCO from 1p-4pm for a class. After that we are in our teaching position for full days for the rest of the semester. And then I graduate on Dec. 12th! Woo hoo!! It's hard to believe it's finally here!
Both lawyers today, among others, have given the advice of limiting information about ourselves on the internet, and making all of it as private as possible. I can't give up my blogging habit just because I am a teacher, but I can make it harder to access. So, probably in the next month or so, I am going to make this and all my other blogs private. You have to join blogspot, and request to follow my blog in order to see it. So if you read this and aren't already doing that, I encourage you to do it!
Tonight was meet your teacher night at the boys school, so that's always fun!
Roman is in the 3rd grade this year, and this is his new teacher Mrs. Olliver. He took the test for the gifted program at the end of last year, and they told us tonight that he passed with flying colors and will be joining Bourbon in the gifted program once a week, so he is excited. When Bourbon took the test he got a 98% (you have to get a 95% or better to get into the program) so I am curious to see what score Roman got as well!
Bourbon is in the 5th grade this year, and this is his new teacher, Ms. Kilmer (I know, she looks 12 right?! lol) She was also his flag football coach last year, so he already knows her, which is nice.
Thursday is their first day back at school, and my surgery. I have to be at the surgery center at noon and my surgery is at 1pm. My best friend Jamie is taking me, and staying with us on thursday and friday to take care of me and the kids while I recover. And my amazing friend Kristal has arranged for meals to be delivered to me from thursday to monday!!! Which just blows me away! I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment