So I have 10 minutes till it's time to hit the sack. Student teaching is kicking my tushy. Not really, I mean, I enjoy it and am learning tons. I love being in a classroom, I know this is where I belong. But it is taking some major adjusting to being gone from the house from 7:30am to 4:30pm each day and then trying to get anything accomplished. My house is in shambles. I've gotten into somewhat of a routine, with the first hour off "work" devoted to errands, or small tasks that need to be taken care of, then I make dinner and get it on the table by about 6:30, which is when I get to catch up with the boys and talk to them about their day and such. After dinner Starla gets a bath, and thankfully Alan and the boys have been helping this week by doing dishes during this time, or else I would have to try to cram one more thing into the day. During bath I read her books and chit chat with her, then she gets out and I spend another 30 mins or so with her, playing or coloring or whatever. I spend about 30 minutes cleaning up or getting stuff ready for school the next day. I put her to bed, and Alan goes to bed about the same time, then I spend the next hour reading to the boys (we just finished the third Harry Potter book tonight, and will be starting the 4th one probably on monday). Then I get them to bed, and I have an hour to myself which is spent trying to regroup and enjoy the silence. When you are around kids all during the day, and then come home to them all evening, you really need some time of silence!!
I am gearing up for Bourbon's birthday on saturday. I started working on the details of his Rockband cake tonight, forming a little guitar, microphone and drumset out of fondant for the top of his cake. I'm not sure how well it is going to turn out......
This is my 3rd week back on my 500 calorie HCG diet, I have lost 15 lbs so far. But tonight I caved and ate non-diet foods. It has been much easier this time than last, I'm not hungry, I don't have cravings. But I am just sooo tired of the limited food that I can have on this diet. I eat the same stuff every day it seems, and today it was taking all my will power not to just cave in and give up entirely on the diet and try again in a few weeks. But even though I did eat some manicotti and banana bread, I'm not caving in on the whole diet just yet. I want to try to make it another 2 weeks after this one, and then maybe take a break for 3 weeks or so, and then do it again for 3 weeks. The weight just comes off soo quickly, that it is wonderful, but it is so hard to limit yourself to 500 calories a day. Not in so much that I am hungry and want more food, but that I want variety!! I only have like 5 different meats I can have, 3 different fruits, and 5 or so veggies I can have. It just gets old eating the same things every day. But then I look at the fact that I have lost 15 lbs in less than 3 weeks, and I think, I can handle it longer. I lost 20 lbs last time over the summer. And I have 12 more lbs I want to lose this time, although 32 total I want to get rid of.
Ack, it's bedtime. The days are just colliding into one another in a blur. I don't know how the heck I'm going to survive when I actually get a job! Sheesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment