So I am quickly learning that it's hard to be a patient and wonderful teacher when you just don't feel good! But I am trying. I just get so lightheaded and foggy, and I just can't seem to focus sometimes. My mentor teacher isn't feeling well either, so both of us are kinda out of it! Poor kids. :)
So my mom went to the Dr's today and she has the flu. So either we have the flu and gave it to her, or she has it and spent all weekend with the kids and we will all soon have it probably. Lovely. Starla still has a cough from her sickness, and it's been a week. Mine is much better, but still not great. And Alan just started with his. Bourbon complained tonight that he's not feeling good. Roman said with glee how much he wants to be sick so he can miss school, but was rambunctious and crazy as ever, so keep wishing kid. But since my momma is sick, I had to find a replacement to come to my house tomorrow at 7:30am, which is what time I have to leave, and get the boys out the door by 8:30am (they ride their bikes to school) and then take Starla to her class at 9:30am. And then friday to be back at 7:30 and just hang out here with Starla until Alan gets home, which will hopefully be around noon since friday is generally a short day for him. Luckily, Bourbon's cousin on his daddy's side (I claim her has my neice, even though we're not really related, but I've known her for the last 11 years!!)is able to do it, but her car is broken. Thankfully her momma said she could borrow her car to come do it though, woo hoo!! Saved! I don't want to miss any student teaching at all, but from the looks of the sickness that is already going around, I'll be lucky if I don't end up missing from either being sick or taking care of sick kids. Sheesh. Alan's cousins kids, who are in Edmond school districts, tested positive for the H1N1 on monday, but thankfully we haven't been around them in a while. But with my mom with the flu, if we all end up with it, I can't exactly take it into the classroom with me and give it to everyone else! Sigh.
So we took advantage of the kids being gone this weekend and went to see Taking Woodstock, which was really a good movie. I am enthralled with woodstock and that era of time. I'm convinced I so should have been there, I would have loved being a hippie. :) Of course, I say that from the comfort of my own time, so who knows. But it just seems like such a groovy way to live:). Woodstock, although chaotic, seems like it would have been a fantastic experience. The movie is more character driven, than it is about the actual woodstock. Although it is loosely based on the true story of how it came to be. I would reccommend it for anyone looking for a good movie!
I think we may take the boys to go see 9 on friday, and just take Starla to the little daycare place at the movies. Of course that is if everyone is well. I can't believe Starla is going to be 3 this weekend. It blows my mind how quickly the last 3 years have just flown by. We are going to attempt to take away the binkie on her birthday. I have been telling her for the last 6 months that when she turns 3, no more binky. She only sleeps with it, so it's not like she has it all the time, so hopefully it will go over well. Wish us luck....
It's about nyquil time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment