CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Starla-isms

Starla's teacher called me today. When told to lay down for nap time, Starla insisted that she didn't know how to lay down. They asked if she wanted them to call her mom, and she said yes. (well of course she did! She has no idea that "calling your mom" means your in trouble! She just wants to talk to me!!) So they called and left a message asking if I could talk to her tonight and ask her to cooperate. This is about the third time she has told them no, or made an excuse on why she can't lay down for nap. I just told her if she wouldn't listen to the teachers and lay down at nap time, that she couldn't go to school any more. She said "Oh, I will listen to them now! I will lay down and go to nap!" We shall see...... But I found it amusing that teachers that work with 2-3 year olds would be surprised that she said yes she wanted them to call her mom, as if she were challenging them or something, she just didn't understand what that meant. AND that they kept using the word cooperation when trying to get her to cooperate. Starla is smart, but not that smart. I don't think she has a clue what cooperation means.

Starla-isms:
Starla: But girls don't work, only boys work!
Momma: Girls work too. I'm going to be a teacher, Miss Lori is going to be a teacher. Your teachers Miss Lauren and Miss Robin, that is their job.
Starla: Oh, I wish I would grow up to be big so I can be a teacher and teach the kids.
(great, now she thinks girls can only be teachers! Good going mom, feminists would be outraged, lol)

Starla: When I get big and am a boy, I'm going to go to wrestling with daddy, and Roman is going to kill me!
(Alan took the boys to tulsa to go see wrestling, she was quite upset that she didn't get to go. I said it was a boys night out. Roman always plays with wrestlers, and says they are going to kill each other......)

Starla: I love you more momma!
Momma: Will you love me forever and ever?
Starla: Yes!!!
Momma: Promise? Even when you are a teenager and don't like me anymore, will you still love me?
Starla: I promise. I won't break your heart.
(Ah, I just melted.)

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet.
    I am always amazed at how clueless some preschool teachers can be. I know their jobs are hard and all, but they seem to call moms over the silliest stuff.

    ReplyDelete