CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bowie, Texas: Friday

My grandma & I arrived at Hobby House at 3:50pm on thursday. I didn't take any pics on thursday though. My camera is busted, so I didn't get a lot of pics and some of them aren't great quality, but thanks to technology I was able to steal all of my moms, grandmas and Melissa's pics!! :)

Thursday we didn't do alot. My mom and Annette got into town after 6pm and met us out for dinner (thursday doesn't include meals at HHH if you choose to come a day early) at Bella's Italian Restaraunt. It was yummy. Then we went to wal-mart for my grandma to pick up a few things, and back to the retreat where we watched a movie and got settled in and then hit the hot tub!

This is Hobby House Hill from the front.



She has 4 bedrooms, one sleeps 8, one sleeps 7, two of them sleep 6. My group was in the 8 person room, except for Melissa who had to go sleep with the other group in another room since she took one of their extra spots and mine were already full!

This is the living room of the house. The door on the far left is our bedroom, which also has a bathroom in it. The door towards the right goes into the kitchen, which then leads into the other cropping room, and then you can see the glass sliding back door that leads out to the back porch and the barn. All of the rest of the bedrooms and bathrooms are on the opposite side of the livingroom.



This is our bedroom




We always book the Croppin' barn, which is out back. It holds 15 people. She also has a room on the inside of the house that holds 12 people. The little house to the left of the barn is where Cindy & her husband sleep, it's their own little cottage.




next to the barn is this nice little sitting area, with a porch swing and picnic tables....






This is a view of the back of the house from the barn.....




For breakfast we had fruit and cinnamon rolls.....mmmmmmmm


my grandma brought beads and made keychains and jewelry





me in my corner spot in the barn....





My messy table....



Lunch was a turkey wrap, broccoli salad, potato chips and chocolate chip cookies




Late afternoon my grandma & I went into the heart of Bowie to go shopping. We stopped at a couple of antique stores and a thrift shop. I love antique stores, they have so much neat stuff. I love spending time looking at it all! And I really enjoyed the time I spent with my grandma.











The rest of our group got there on friday at various times. Our group also included Jamie & her step-mom Celeste, my friend Michelle and her mom Carol, and Melissa (who technically was with the other group in the barn!). We shared the barn with another Melissa and her group of people, which is how Melissa Banta went. She took Melissa Overland's last spot that she needed to fill. We have shared the barn with Melissa Overland and her group probably the last 4 times we've gone, so we all know eachother. Melissa O. came with me as a part of my group the first time she went (her daughter went to dance with Roman) and then she started taking her own group each time after that.

Here's Jamie, hard at work cropping my pictures, lol



My mom reading her book on the back porch....




Here's Cindy, the owner, dishing up the meat for dinner....









Dinner was grilled chicken ceasar salad, cheddar biscuits and watermelon.





Dessert that evening was death by banana pudding and triple chocolate brownies.....



Storms were brewing near us during dinner, but never actually got to us. But after dinner there was a rainbow in the sky!



After dinner I took a dip in the pool and read a book for about an hour, it was nice....


Here I am hard at work.....



This is the first time I've actually left HHH during my stay. I usually park when I get there, scrap to my hearts content while watching movies and take an evening dip in the hot tub and that's about it! Which was what I enjoy, that's what I wanted and needed to do to relax. But this time I needed just some chill time, and time to hang out with my grandma, so I got much less scrapbooking done, but had a really relaxing time all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment