CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This-n-that, That-n-this

I love my little class.....





This week was sports week at school, wear your favorite sports teams. Rudy & I were a room divided..... :)



And look at my belly!! I swear the 20 pounds I gained this summer was entirely in my middle, I feel like I am 6 months pregnant I swear (don't worry, I'm not!! lol). It's like another appendage, I just look down and think "Where the heck did you come from?!", lol. All of my shirts are tight around my middle, not to mention my pants. It's sooooo darn irritating to have lost 40 lbs to just turn around and gain 20 back. And not only did I gain 20 back, but it really is all in my tummy which means my tummy is actually bigger than it was! I don't know how the body decides where to deposit fat, but I think mine should have evenly distributed it!! Sigh. I'm getting really sad about it, maybe it will motivate me to work harder....



We have secret pals at work. We filled out this little sheet about our favorite things and then randomly selected one. You do it once a month and you can only spend $5 each month on your pal. I got my first gift today! When I got to work and checked my mailbox, there it was......



And the funny thing is that I LOVE pumpkins, but didn't put that on my sheet! (I did however say my favorite candies are whoppers and twizzlers) So this person either knows me more than I thought, or just got lucky. :)

I love cookbooks. But not just any cookbooks. I find that I like ones that have a theme, or tell a story with it. Or any dessert ones, lol. I love cupcake and cake books, and southern cook books like Paula Deen and The Pioneer Woman. I can sit and look at cookbooks for hours.....(and I wonder why I gained 20 lbs this summer.....)




I always look in the "just arrived within last 24 hours" bin at the library, and spotted this there and snatched it up. That was over a month ago, lol. I have rechecked it 3 times now, and each checkout is good for 2 weeks. I just never had an opportunity to try it out, until tonight! I did go ahead and buy the book when I took Starla to Barnes & Noble for her birthday..... :)






she loves helping me in the kitchen....





banana whoopie pie with marshmallow cream and sprinkles....(and snickerdoodles in the background)





Starla gives them a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment