My grandma & aunt were riding with me, and we had planned on leaving about 4pm ish on thursday. But since it was a snow day and aunt didn't have to work, they decided to come here around 1pm and leave. I had a very stressful day trying to get all my pics uploaded and ordered, and then when I got them ordered at 12pm, for 1 hour photo, walgreens said they wouldn't be ready until 7pm that night! My mom was coming the next day, so she was just going to have to bring them. So I just grabbed a couple of extra albums and boxes of pictues on the way out the door to have something to work on until they got there (I only had my birthday & christmas stuff packed as I had planned on working on those albums). Well it turned out I grabbed albums and pictures that went together, but not the actual scrapbooking stuff for it (I organize everything into themes, I keep all my holiday papers/stickers & stuff together, all my travel stuff, all my school stuff, etc), or I grabbed the stuff and pictures for one theme buyt not the album. I had a rocky first day, but I managed to just blow it off and enjoy myself. My mom didn't end up getting there until after 10pm on Friday too, lol. Oh well. I got all of the kids recent birthdays scrapbooked, but didn't even get to start on Christmas.
Well we left at about 3pm (it took me a while to get all packed and the kids all packed and arranged to where they were going for the weekend, etc).
We got in about 6pm, which means we just unloaded our stuff and went out to find a bite to eat. We went to a steak house called Prime Cuts.


I had a steak with some yummy sweet potato fries. Yum!
they had these really neat paintings there which featured all of the republican presidents.....

and another one next to it with the democrats...

Here is Hobby House Hill
Driving up to the front of the house from the road. The house has 4 rooms. One sleeps 8, one sleeps 7, and two of them sleep 6.
The side of the house, the doors on the left lead into the cropping cabin, which also leads into the house.
Different views of the back of the house....





The living room from different views...



Cindy's daughter had just gotten married about a week or so ago, and she had a candy bar in her wedding colors at the reception. This was some of the leftover candy from the candy bar, Cindy put it out for all of us to enjoy.


Some of the decor in the house...



The back porch of the house.

I always book the Barn, which is a separate building away from the main house. It holds 15 people. There is also the Cropping Cabin which is attached to the house and holds 12.


For breakfast friday morning I had a giant lemon poppy seed muffin and a banana.
Lunch: chicken salad on croissants, spinach salad with mandarin oranges & candied pecans, and a cranberry jello salad. We also had scandanavian almonds bars for dessert, so yummy.

Cindy in her kitchen

enjoying lunch!

My grandma and Aunt working on making jewelry

We watched a ton of movies while we were there working on stuff; Julia & Julia, Salt (Angelina Jolie), The Juliet Letters, Date Night, "Eat, Love, Pray", Oh God Book 1 (I love George Burns!), Oh God book 2, To Save a life, Remember Me.... there are probably more but that's all I can remember! I always try to get caught up on movies I don't get to watch at home, you know, non-disney or kid flicks. :)
what a pretty sky.....

Dinner: Taco soup with tortilla chips, salad, and cornbread

The 24-hour dessert bar, she also stocks a little freezer with several kinds of ice cream. Tonight's dessert was Andes Mint chocolate cake and sopapilla cheesecake.

Making cards and drinking wine. I loved Cindy's polka dotted wine glasses!

My mom & Annette hanging out in the living room

Saturday was beautfiul, the weather was warm and the sun was shining! I had banana bread and fruit for breakfast.
A view of the barn from the back of the house. The little house to the left of the barn is where Cindy & her husband actually live.

The view of the back of the house from the barn

Lunch: Rosa's sub (a guest named Rosa taught Cindy how to make it! It has a mix of butter and dry ranch dressing mix rubbed onto the top of it before it is baked, it is soooo yummy) cole slaw, potato chips and chocolate chip cookies.

Saturday after lunch we went into town to a couple of antique shops. Bowie is full of them!


Theresa, my mom & her best friend Annette doing their thing...

My Aunt Vicky working on her jewelry....

The buffet where we fix our plates for the meals....

Cindy, serving up the meat for dinner.

Dinner: Tangy meatballs, loaded baked potato, caesar salad, and grandma's green beans. :)

My mom and Aunt Theresa enjoying dinner...

I always had to take my dessert to go, out to the barn, and eat it a few hours after dinner. This was triple fudge brownies and rum cake. :)

Celest (jamie's step mom) bought champagne to toast Jamie's graduation in Dec. and her birthday in January.

Here I am in my spot, working away!

I was the only one brave enough to get into the hottub, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! I took a glass of wine, and for about an hour I soaked and looked at beautiful stars in the big night sky. It was nice.

Our last meal for the weekend, sunday brunch was baked french toast, suasages and fruit. I had coffee cake & yogurt for breakfast that morning!)

Cindy and her husband Paul

The times that I only book half of the barn, we share it with my friend Melissa Overland and her group. Here we all are

and this is just our group, most of us got the HHH shirt that says "What happens on the Hill.... stays on the hill!" :)

packing up my van, getting ready to head home

We always stop for ice cream at Dairy Queen on the way out of town!

mmmmm, pumpkin pie blizzard!

And I got back home to these from my hubby! What a great ending to my weekend. :)

I am going again July 29-31, and I have the whole barn this time. But in theory I have 11 of those 15 spots already taken (although I say first to pay their deposit gets the spot!) So if you want to go, let me know! The cost is $210 which includes everything but transporation. The deposit to hold your spot is $50. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment