CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 1

trans·for·ma·tion   
–noun
1. the act or process of transforming.
2. the state of being transformed.
3. change in form, appearance, nature, or character.

I have decided that 2011 is the year of Transformation for me. I want to transform my body, mind & soul, my habits, my relationships, my life. I want to be the best me that I can be. So I am going to focus on this word "transformation" this year.

Part of that was starting Weight watchers and excercising more, which this week was the first week. I lost exactly 3 lbs this week, which I am happy about. My goal is at least 2.5 lbs a week, so that I can lose 10 lbs a month. So I met my goal for the first week.

4 other friends & I decided to take on a 90 day "Biggest loser" challenge, and we all pitch in $20 and the person that loses the most weight, wins all of the money, which is fun and motivating.

I did really well for the most part this week. I tried to start several new habits, drinking 8 glasses of water a day, eating every few hours (small, healthy snacks), moving more, and eating less. I stayed within my points every day this week, which proved to really not be all that hard, now that all fruits & veggies are zero points, I just filled up on those and didn't even use all of my points most days.

It was really easy to stick to these new habits during my work week, I just drink more water and move more while at work. I started using the indoor walk track at work each day after work as well (I walked 1 mile tues, 1.5 miles wed. and 2 miles thursday!). Since my babies eat a snack between 9:30-10am, I have my snack (which was grapes and my 1 point ww string cheese this week), then they eat lunch at 11 and are taking naps, then I eat at noon, then they have an afternoon snack between 1:30-2 so I would have mine (a pear or apple and a 1 point ww cookie). But once friday rolled around, I just didn't do as well. Mon-Thursday I did an hour of excercise each day (gym, walking or my new Wii fit which I LOVE!). But I didn't hardly do any friday-sunday. I drank a ton of water mon-thurs, but not so much fri-sun. And I didn't eat every few hours over the weekend, because it's just not as easy when my day isn't as structured like it is at work. But I still stayed within all of my points during the weekend, I just wasn't as healthy as I had been the rest of the week.

With WW, I get 35 daily points, and then I get 49 "extra" points that I can use however I want throughout the week,and then I earn activity points for pyhsical activity that I do. So friday was date nigth and Alan & I went to The Melting Pot. We only did the cheese fondue, a salad and then chocolate fondue, we didn't do the whole big meal. But I used my entire 49 extra points and the 26 activity points I had earned all week on that meal, lol. I don't even really know how many points were in it, I just turned over all those points for it. :) But I still lost 3 lbs this week, so I am happy.

This week might not prove as successful. I am going to HHH thursday evening and will be there, eating yummy food and not counting points, until sunday evening, and then I have to weigh in on monday morning. :) Oh well. I will just try to enjoy myself in moderation. I know it's going to take time to drop all the weight I want to, but I am going to try to stay motivated and on track.

I figure I will post each monday about my journey in the process, about how it went that week and how I am doing. I think it will add to my accountability. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment