CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New years!

I think this was the first new year's eve in my adult life (probably farther than that if truth be known, lol) that not one ounce of alcoholic beverages passed my lips! Not that I'm a big drinker, but I always toast the new years in! Even if it's just a glass of bubbly or wine at home with my kiddos (with shirley temples for hem of course!) :)

The kiddos went to Duncan to stay the night with Alan's dad, I met him halfway on the turnpike at 4pm, then went to Jamie's house for some girls time and yummy pizza. Alan got home from work at like 6 or so and took a nap since we were going out and he had to be up early this morning for work. So I got home at about 9pm and he got up and around and we headed out to bricktown. I had thought of stopping at a bar for a quick cheers before the show, but we were already running pretty late. We went to the Flaming Lips concert at the cox convention center. So by the time we got parked, and walked to the convention center, and got into our seats it was just before 11pm, and the show started at 8:30! The lips were already on, so I don't really know how much of the show we missed. They only sold beer there, and $7 beer at that. I'm not a big beer drinker unless it's specialty beers, dark beers or pumpkin beers. :) So I decided to skip the beer toast at midnight. We had a bottle of champagne at home chillin' in the fridge, but by the time we got home, it was just time for bed! I'm so old..... lol

Which of course I was reminded of by going to a Flaming lips concert. I don't think I have ever been to a lips show. I've seen them during the Halloween parades and such, but I guess never a real show. I have to say, that it was the most amazing visually stimulating concert I've ever been to! They had an amazing light show, and lots of fun stuff going on. For most of the show they had like a dozen people on each side of the stage dressed up in crazy cartoonish costumes with giant exaggerated smiley faces, like suns, butterflies, bees, and even a catfish with a top hat! They reminded me of things you might see on Yo Gabba Gabba! There were giant balloons everywhere and at midnight they dropped like hundreds of them from the back of the convention center, it was crazy and fun. And the freakshow in the audience was just as entertaining! I didn't realize it was a costume event, lol. There were so many people in wacky and crazy full body costumes! And all of the crazy fun loving hippies were out. I am such a people watcher, that's probably my favorite part of going out. The videos thet played beind the band were all day-glo and reminiscent of the doors or other acid-induced 60's fun. But the naked lady doing the crazy hippie dance that was displayed every other song got a bit old. He had a microphone-cam too, so his nose and eyes were giant sized on the screen for half the show, which was amusing. It took them forever to start the "Dark side of the Moon" album. That was their big thing, at midnight they were going to do their rendition of the Pink Floyd album. They didn't get started with it until about 12:50 though. After the count down, they were just on stage getting ready for the Dark side of the moon, fiddling with lights and lasers and music equipment. I think they were having techinical difficulties. You know you are both old and tired when you can nod off in the middle of a loud and crazy concert. But I did, lol. I was so tired, I just laid my head on Alan's shoulder and felt myself nodding off. He was tired too, so we left at like 1:30, with like 4 more songs left of the show. But it was lots of fun.

I swear though, the crazy people out in bricktown amazed me. I don't know how many girls were in tiny mini-dresses that barely covered their goods, and giant 12 inch spike heels in the ice and snow. Halter dresses and skimpy clothes galore. CRAZY! I was freezing in 2 shirts, gloves and a scarf wrapped around my head, lol. And beligerent people, I swear. When we first got there, we were walking by one of the bridges on the canal, and this group of 6 or 7 girls, probably aged 16-17 were loud and boisterous and taking up the whole walk way. We moved over to the side, but one girl still about half body checked me as she walked by, and then said "Excuse you bitch", ohhhhh you wanna talk about the ghetto in me rising up. I whipped around and started to repeat the same thing back to her when I caught myself in check and had to say to myself "Tonya you are 31 years old, she is 16, don't do it", so instead I just said "EXCUSE YOU!" and left off the bitch part, but she didn't even stop or turn around or anything, just kept talking smack as she walked away with all of her laughing friends. I wanted to slap the taste out of her mouth and put some manners into it. Alan also shouted at her back, but he sarcastically said "Excuse us ma'am", and then said something to the effect of getting my ass kicked by a bunch of thugs since I shouted back at her. Please, they were smart ass teenagers, they weren't going to kick anyone's ass. Brought back my star spencer days in a flash though, and the ghetto girl in me came right out, lol. Which is why I don't think I could ever be a high school teacher, lol.

SO those were my new years eve adventures. Lots of fun. :) Poor Alan came home at 2am and then got back up for work at 5am this morning and worked all day again. I swear that's all he does, is work and sleep. Poor guy. I always jokingly say that I feel like a single parent, and most times the only difference between me and a single mom is that I have all my bills paid and I don't have to work (which I realize is a BIG difference, don't get me wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment