CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Make new friends, but keep the old.....

One is silver and the other gold! (was anyone else a girl scout, lol?) I was thinking about it the other day, and I have friends that have been around for over half my life, which is amazing really when you think about it. I have amazing and wonderful newer friends that I have met along the way, but somehow I have a few that have just stuck in there though it all, that we have never lost touch with. There are a few that sneak in and out, and a few that just recently came back in contact though facebook (gotta love facebook and myspace, I call it a class reunion, but for life! I love finding old friends!) but it just is noce to know that there are people in my life that know me so well that I don't have to explain anything, they've been there right along with me.



Jamie is like the godfather of all my best friends, she is THE best friend. :) We have been friends since 1992 (um, not counting that year we didn't like eachother, hee hee) she is now more like a sister than a friend. Except for that silly year when we were like 15 and didn't talk, we have probably talked on the phone every single day since we've met. We still don't go a single day if we can help it without at least saying hello. And although as we grew up, we have so little in common now that I jokingly say if we met each other today instead of all those years ago, we probably wouldn't become friends! Lol. We are sometime polar opposites, but somehow none of that matters. She is an amazing friend, and I am lucky to have her in my life.






















Michael! I have known Michael since 1996, and he's like one of those steadys in my life, that even if a year or two passes with just a few words exchanged here or there, when we get together it's like we've never been apart. There's never that awkward "I haven't talked to you in ages, what in the world do we have to talk about" kind of moments, we just jump in there and pick up like we've never left off. We don't get to hang out much, but him and his boyfriend Quinn come over for dinner here and there and hang out, which is nice. I love them. :)

New Years 1997

















And then there's the pics of us 3 together!

Ah, poor Michael, and this pic was taken YEARS before he came out, lol. I think part of us always knew....... :)









Missy! Melissa & I have been friends (give or take that year or so that we disliked eachother, lol....) since the summer of 1993. We have been through so much together, I can't even imagine my life without her. We practically grew up together, at least growing up from immature teenagers into the wonderful mommies that we are today. :) She is such a unique, strong, loyal person and I am so glad she is my friend.














Today! :)





Brennon! He recently found me once again on facebook after I guess about a year. We find each other every few years or so and then lose contact again, then find each other once again. He was my buddy for many years though, and I had so much fun with him. I just came across some home videos of us at the Karaoke bar singing "I like big butts" (yes Sir mix-a-lot!) together back in 2000, lol. If I ever get them transferred to DVD I will so post those too, lol. He is so funny, he makes me laugh. Both of these pics I think were in 1999, but I've known him since 1996.








And this is Tashana, she found me recently after like 10+ years on facebook and tagged me in this picture, which of course cracked me up. I'm pretty sure this was in 1992. She unfortunately wasn't in my life long, she moved away rather quickly, but she made a lasting impact all the same. :)



I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends who have stuck by me for all of these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment