CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

All in a days play......

So yes today was the 3rd school day cancelled due to the snow/ice/slush, making it the 5th day of being cooped up in the house (well, yesterday we got out to the philharmonic for a couple of hours). I was going crazy, my house is getting messier and messier and it is near impossible to clean with kids underfoot, and a 3 year old who thinks that she must be the center of my attention at all times. All that the boys wanted to do was play video games, which always resulted in arguments. Each boy had a friend stay the night over the weekend, on different nights, which was fun, but still, the walls of this house felt like they were closing in, and I was starting to feel despair enter into my soul. Ok, a bit dramatic, but really, I am a mover and a shaker, I am meant to go and do, too much time sitting in one spot isn't good for my soul. I tried to just keep myself occupied with reading (I went through 3 books this weekend, I tend to read very quickly) and making sock monkeys, but even that got old very quickly.

I was bound and determined to stay out of the house for as long as possible today.



So today my wonderful momma friend Liz invited us to meet her & her kiddos at Boucin' craze in edmond this morning, and we gladly accepted! We were there right when it opened at 10am, raring to go and get some energy out!












Kristal & Noah



Kristal is amazing, she showed up with 4 kids in tow; she babysits Emma (2) and Elle (6 months), her new foster child Matthew (4) and her son Noah (4). She is the most selfless, giving, loving woman, and her strength and endurance with all that she juggles just blows me away!


Liz & Kinley




Starla with Finn






Then it was off for lunch at McDonalds and some time in the playcenter with our friends!










Then it was off to the omniplex, where we spent from about 2:45 until 4:45, having lots of fun!


















Then it was off to the movies! Alan met us at the theater. Starla & I went to go see The Princess and The Frog, and the 3 boys went to go see The Tooth Fairy.




We got home at about 7:45pm to find that the school had called us at 7pm to let us know, that there isn't any school tomorrow either. Sigh. I have grocery shopping to do, errands to run, and a house to clean, all of which is made 10x worse with 3 kids in tow! lol. But oh well, we will find something else to do to occupy us and those things might just have to wait for yet another day......

No comments:

Post a Comment