So after a week at home with the kids, cooped up inside doing very little activity all day, eating lots of home cooked comfort food...... I gained .8 lbs. Which I thought would be WAY more. I think what helped was I am finally getting a hold of this portion control thing, thanks to I think Weight watchers, since everything has to be weighed and measured and such. So even though I was eating lots of high calorie food, I was doing so in moderation. Which is something for me to celebrate! I always have such a hard time with self control when there is something yummy involved, like my homemade cinnamon rolls. But I only ate 2 of them, one a day for 2 days and then I didn't need them anymore. Woo hoo!
It probably also helped with the dental work I had done, my mouth is still sore and eating isn't as much fun with a sore mouth.
I didn't do as well with my water this week either. Since my dental work, they said no drinking out of a straw for several days, and in fact they said I should drink tea for the first couple of days because it has a chemical in it that helps promote blood clots and should help me not have a dry socket. So I drank alot of tea and not much water. I should have drank water even though I couldn't drink out of my awesome Mercy hospital mug with the straw, but for some reason (and I'm sure it's all in my head) that's the best way to drink water for me. So I am trying today to get back on my water all day long.
Baby steps. So far, in 4 weeks I am only at a total of -1.6 lost, which is not good, lol. But the 90 days of our contest isn't over until April 11th, so I still have time to make a come back. Still, I would have liked to have seen a much bigger number after 4 weeks. Oh well. As long as I am making progress, and changing eating habits, I guess I can't be too hard on myself.
This week will prove to be another challenging week I'm sure. They are saying we should get another 4-10 inches of snow on tuesday night and Wed. until about 6pm. So we will probably be snowed in for at least Wed. if not Wed & thursday. We shall see.
I did get to the gym today, and did 30 minutes on the eliptical and 15 minutes on some weight machines, which isn't my full workout, but better than nothing. I am going to make sure I walk tomorrow after work too, and get my wii fit in on the other days.
I am making The Pioneer Woman's meatloaf tonight, with mashed potatoes, homemade creamed corn, homemade yeast rolls and the Pioneer Woman's apple dumplings...... sometimes I wish I wasn't such a good cook, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment