CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

So I notice that most of my pictures these days are of Starla, hee hee. I can't help it she's so darn cute.
But she has lots of catching up to do, I took tons of pics of the boys when they were babies too. Of course they were babies before the digital picture era, so due to costs of film and processing, I probably only have half of the number of pics of the boys! Oh well.

I love peppermint stuff. I use the twisted peppermint body wash and lotion from bath and body works. I just got out of the shower and my skin is all tingly-cool-minty fresh. Ahhhh, I love that stuff. It makes my skin all tingly for like an hour after I put it on, it's nice.
So my wordcount goal for this weekend was to get to 20,000 and I got to a little over 17,000, which I guess isn't too bad. Now my goal is to be at 30,000 by wednesday night. Let's see if I can do it. I am so bound and determined to get this done! I have until midnight on the last day of November to be at 50,000 words. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! My story is going to be a big glob of mess when I get done, serious revision and editing will need to be done, but at least the story will be out there!
Friday my social studies class is going to the overholster mansion to do a project with a group of 64 4th graders. We have to dress up and play characters in the mansion and talk about what was going on in our assigned time period. There are 6 groups, spanning the time period from 1900-1960. My group is going to be in the parlor, having tea. We will be in 1915, so we will cover the oklahoma history from 1900-1915. I am going to be Henry Ione's nanny (The daughter of Mr & Mrs Overholster, she would have been 10 in 1915), and in my group is also Mrs. Overholster, Mrs. Classen and Mrs. Shartel. They will all talk about what thier husbands have done for the state. I get to talk about Henry (yes, she's a girl, but Henry Overholster still named her Henry.....) and what kinds of things 10 year olds do in 1915. This is all done in character through interactive conversations with eachother and the 4th graders. It should be interesting! If we participate in this though, we don't have to take the final, so I am ALL for it! I have to go to the mansion tomorrow and try on costumes.
But now I need to go work on my novel so that I can at least come close to my goal!

1 comment:

  1. How much fun, and for it to take the place of a final is even cooler! I hope the kids get a lot out of it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete