CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Woo hoo! Victory!!

Woo hoo!! Obama won!

I am so super duper excited, I don't even care that it is way past my bedtime.
I wanted him to win so badly. Not only do I prefer him for his viewpoints and stands on issues (although not all of course, but who is going to be 100% happy with a candidate?) I also wanted him to win just to show all the bigoted, closed-minded, stupid people out there that America can be run by someone other than a white male. My own mother said tonight that if he won he was going to "re-nig on all of his promises and let the terrorists take over the U.S." Seriously?! Seriously?! I don't understand why people feel the need to be so silly. I don't get it. I don't know how intelligent people can buy into all the slander and "junk' out there and not fiqure out that all that info is put out there to make you dislike this person, to mis trust them, and to hate them all because it boils down to the fact that he is not a white male. That all teh stupid e-mails saying Obama is a muslim, and Obama is related to Saddam Hussien, and that Obama doesn't salute the flag, that ALL of that is a ploy from scared, stupid people to get you off track and try to get you to not see the truth. It's ridiculous. And so my mom said it wasn't e-mails that made her think this, that she had done her own research. Yeah, like all the info you can find online is unbiased. Anything that you read about Obama being a terrioist is going to come from biased people who want you to believe that because they can't handle having him as a president and they will do whatever it takes to prevent it. All forms of media have bias, the only forms of media that might be a little exempt from it would be scholarly journals, and even then you can't be 100% sure that stories aren't slanted in a specific way to make you think one way or another. Now I don't think Obama is perfect. I don't agree with all of his politics. He wasn't even my first choice. And I could have lived with Mccain, I kinda like him on some levels. But I can't stand Palin, so I definitely didn't want him to win. But I do believe that Obama wants our nation to be a great place. I believe that he has the best interests of people at heart, and not just big business or himself. I believe he wants to make the world a better place and that he will do what he can to make that happen. Will he mess up? Sure, none of us are perfect. Do I trust him? Yes I do.
And I am excited that there will be young kids in the white house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment