So I don't really know why I love baking so much, but it just is a source of comfort and joy to me. I LOVE baking. I love the measuring, and mixing and kneading of dough. I love the accomplishment of the finished product. I love watching the people I love enjoy what I made. I have this whole food=love thing in my brain, which is probably why I am overweight. :) But I feel like I am putting love into the food I make, and I feel like I am showing my family and friends who much I care by making them something. So today I decided I just really wanted to bake today. I wanted to bake everything!! I only got about half done what I wanted to, but that just means I have another baking day coming soon.
First I made a blueberry pie. We always to to a blueberry farm in texas in the summer and pick blueberries and blackberries. I had frozen a bunch of them from our trip over the summer, in hopes that I could make some jelly with my grandma. Not that I couldn't make it on my own, but I wanted to spend time with my grandma doing something she loves to do, and learning from her what I can while she is around. But after months and months of it just not happening, either they can't do it, or I can't do it, I decided I was going to put those berries to good use today!
Yum!
Here it is when it was all done.
Next I made an apple & cherry pie. I LOVE my apple core machine from pampered chef that my wonderful Aunt got for me. It peels, cores and slices apples all in one machine, all you gotta do it turn the crank! It is awesome!!

It all looks so good! My mom has one of those apple thingies--I was just thinking of it yesterday when I was peeling and coring some apples by hand. I think I like cooking over baking myself, but maybe once the kids are bigger we'll bake more.
ReplyDelete