I love snow days! It seems like even though you may have a ton of stuff to do, everything gets put aside on snow days and they are just free days! Woo hoo! Yesterday was no fun with all of the ice though. They called classes off at 1pm, so I didn't have to stay for my last 2 classes, but the campus was sooo icy and slick. It was like a sport, people were lined up at the windows in buildings just watching people bite it. People were falling all over the place, it was awful. You couldn't even pick up your feet when you walked for fear of slipping, you just had to shuffle your feet along. I had to go down an incline, and I just slipped my way down it, I was sure I was going to fall, I did almost several times, but managed to catch my balance. I watched these 2 girls though, hang onto eachother for dear life, laughing and screaming as they held onto eachother at the top of their bodies and each of their feet were going out in 4 different directions as they tried to work together to steady themselves. It was quite humorous, I couldn't help it. :)
We went out this morning right after breakfast, to play in the snow. Starla wanted to make a snowman, but I couldn't get her to understand that it was dry, powdery snow and wasn't going to stick together!

Roman makes a snow angel!

Bourbon had gotten impatient waiting for me to bundle myself and Starla up, and he went out before everyone else. So he got cold and tired of it before we even got out there, so I don't have any pictures of him!
Starla checks out the snow on her hands!

Roman discovers that sticks "stick" to his glove when icy!

Rudolph the red-nosed Starla.

Hope everyone enjoys their snow day! I have big plans of art projects, reading books, writing stories, hot chocolate and maybe baking some apple dumplings! Of course, I have homework to get done and a test to study for too......
yey for snowdays full of fun! please thank starla for the entertainment. it kept noah and ari occupied for a long time:)
ReplyDelete