CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Eve

We had such a good time on New Years Eve! It was so much fun. We started out the evening at our hotel in Norman. They gave us a voucher for a glass of wine or a beer at the bar, so we started our night there drinking some house blush (it was pretty good though!)
Then we were shuttled over to Riverwind casino. We bought tickets to the NYE party. They gave us vouchers for a free picture while we were there (along with vouchers for free breakfast at the buffet starting at 1am, and vouchers to enter into all of their give-aways for the night)


The party room was transformed into a new york celebration, which was awesome. They had a giant ice sculpture of the empire state building, and 2 ladies dressed as the statue of liberty. There was food everywhere too. In one corner they had italian food, in one corner they had chinese food, and in one corner they had hot dogs with all the new york fixins. Then they had a table full of appetizers, and a cheesecake table. Needless to say, I ate too much. But it was sooo yummy!





This was one of the statue of liberty ladies, she was in the middle of the cheescake table! I went up to her and said "You look like you are having loads of fun!" and she said "Um, I'm in a table." ("what did you do for new years?" "I was a centerpeice.") Lol. She then told me she loved my hair. Which was the first of like 15 compliments I got that night! One girl even told me I was gorgeous, I'm not sure if she was drunk or hitting on me, lol.


This was the second statue of liberty, she was on stage. We couldn't even tell if she was real for a while. I kept seeing her move slightly, and kept staring but we were far away at first, so finally we got up close and could see she was a real person. She stood there like that for hours!!





We ate, went out and gambled some, came back in and hung out, went back out to the casino and played some more! The casino was PACKED out though, so we would have to walk around for what seemed like FOREVER to even find one seat much less 2 close together. I'd like to go back when it is dead and actually play, but we will see if that ever happens. I'm not much of a gambler. We each took $20 to play with, we would win some and then lose some. We would be up like $25, and then we would be down to $2! It was fun though. It lasted us all night though, so that was good.


At midnight they handed out champagne for the toast.



The ladies at our table were nice enough to take a pic of us together. This was the group that had the girl in it that told me I was gorgeous. She said "I love your hair! I love your top! Wow you are just georgous!" Hee hee. I even had an older lady come into the bathroom when I was in there, stop and look at me and say "Don't you look cute?!" and then went on her way. I swear everyone kept complimenting me. It was kinda nice. :)







This was the dance floor like a minute before midnight. The Dj was pretty entertaining.







And the ball drops! HAPPY NEW YEAR!








Jamie joined us at like 12:30am. The party ended at 1am, so they didn't even care that she came in to the party room without a ticket.
The wait staff kept coming and filling up our glass of champagne, I think Alan & I had like 4 glasses back to back. When Jamie got there, they came back around to fill us up, but we had thrown our glasses away when we went out to meet Jamie. So the lady just left us with the bottle!



Jamie poses with the bottle. She really wasn't drunk, lol.




Alan's turn!




We hit up the dance floor for the last few songs. Notice how dead it is compared to the midnight packed out dance floor pic! This was probably at 12:45am now.




Alan looked like the man for a few songs, he got to dance with Jamie & myself at the same time, and then take turns with each of us!
They had a blast!






Of course Jamie & I had to dance together too!



Then we went out to play at the casino again. It was much easier to find a seat this time!


Jamie is so silly!


Alan was happy to finally get to play the Star Wars game, it had been packed out all night and never had an empty seat until about 1am!


Then at about 2am we went to the breakfast buffet that we got free vouchers for. Jamie's accountant/ massage client Joyce was there too, which is who is sitting next to me in this pic!


Jamie had had a horrible evening until she joined us, and our waiter came by and asked if we needed anything and Jamie said "a hug." so he held his arms out, and she jumped up and attacked him. She's so funny.


Here she is trying to get a spoon to stick to her nose. I swear, she wasn't drunk! Hee hee.


Woo hoo! She did it!




And that was our evening. We got back to the hotel by 3am (poor Alan is used to getting up for work at 3am, not going to bed at that time!) and we were up at 8:30am the next morning and hit up the continental breakfast. I was so tired! But it was such a fun time! We checked out of the hotel at noon and went and picked up the kids.
Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!






















2 comments:

  1. Cute pics! It looks like you guys had fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan? In a TIE? Glad I was sitting down when I saw the pictures!

    ReplyDelete