Monday, January 12, 2009
Back to school Current mood: geeky
So today is the first day back to school. I have 4 classes down for the day and one more to go, but I have an hour break. So I am in the computer lab, trying to get caught up on e-mails, blogs and such since we are still without internet. I hate being without the internet! How did we survive back in the day?! It's like the days before cell phones, we get so dependent on things, it seems horrible to be without them, when I'm sure life was just fine before these wonderful tools of technology were around. Do you remember the days of the pagers? Hee hee, or sending messaged on pagers using numbers from the phone, 1 could be A or B or C? It was like a puzzle, I loved it. Kids these days don't even know how good they have it!
Anyways, I think this is going to be a good, but busy semester. I like all of my teachers (the last class I have yet to go to, i had him in a previous semester so I already know I like him!). Amazingly I have 3 male teachers this semeseter, which is almost unheard of in the education department , lol. It just seems there are mostly female teachers. And the guys in class have grown from either 0 to 1, to now I have one class that has 4 guys in it, amazing! I wonder why more guys don't want to be teachers? Well, actually maybe they do, but they aren't in the elementary education classes, I guess that makes sense.
I have great pics to post once I get access to internet at home once again. Bourbon got a killer black eye on teh trampoline last week in a weird trampoline, dog-pile only-a-boy-could-do accident. he and 4 friends were on there at once (new rules must be established) and Bourbon managed to get kicked in the face. his glasses were broken and he has the worst black eye I think I have ever seen on anyone in person. I've only seen things like it in the movies!! I have taken a picture of it everyday since it happened because it changes color every single day, it's crazy. Im glad that his school knows me so well, or else DHS might have been on my doorstep the next day! funny thing though, I took the kids to see High school musical 3 at the movies friday and the guy serving us popcorn says "Nice shiner, your mom was just telling me how she beat you up." (which of course so such conversation happened) and Bourbon kinda giggles but doesn't really respond. I say "yes, I beat him" non-chalantly. And he says "It's ok, you can tell us, this is a safe place." all the while smiling big and chuckling. What if I HAD really hit the kid?! What an odd conversation. How do you resond to that? I just smiled and nodded. Bourbon just giggled and didn't say anything. Guy probably thought I did beat him after we walked away.
We moved Starla into her big girl bed, and so far so good. Last night was the seond night. I catch her up maybe once or twice after I lay her down, but then she's fast asleep the next time I check on her. I'm just waiting for her to be asleep on her carpet after getting up and playing and falling back asleep! She really seems to like it. We also put the TV and DVD in her room that my parents got her for Christmas and she LOVES that. She sits on her bed and watches Yo Gabba Gabba or Elmo. Which is so weird for me not to have her shows on in the living room now, woo hoo! I get my living room back!! And the added bonus is that she plays in her room with her toys now more than she had been. Even though the TV is on, she seems to not care as much in her room, she just plays. In the living room she just sits down and watches it. So maybe, although an odd thing, putting a TV in her room will actually cut down on the amound of TV she watches! Who would have thought? but it frees up the main TV now, so that the boys can actually watch somthing they want, or play a video game, olr Alan & I can watch something. Starla has ruled the roost for so long, we don't even know what having our own TV means anymore. But everyone has a TV in their own room now, so everyone can watch whatever they want. Alan even has a TV in his dungeon. It's crazy. We have 6 TV's and 6 computers in the house. Crazy crazy crazy.
Starla's new love has been Yo Gabba Gabba for the past month I guess. Which was kinda disturbing at first, but now I like it. but the first time I saw it, I was like "what in the heck is this?!" it is so crazy. but it cracks me up. If you have never seen it, you must google it and watch it on utube or something. It's like psychadelic clubkids TV for toddlers. Seriously. it is whacked out. but it's kinda cool.
We started a whole new family structure last week. We already eat dinner together every night, and except for the few TV tray family movie night dinners, we always eat together at the table. But I wanted to incorporate more together family time that wasn't in front of a movie. So we have a schedule now, monday & wednesday are music night; we are getting a piano soon, we have a jeyboard, 3 guitarsa, a ukulele, a violin and various other small musical instruments, so Alan is going to teach the boys to read music and we will teach the kids to play the instruments as best we can by learning ourselves through books! And then Tuesday is Art or Writing night, it will change from week to week. We will either do an art project together, or we will write and make books togethere. The boys have been getting into creating their own characters and writing stories, which of course you know that I am loving! Then Thursday is family game night, either board game or video game (we have a playstation 2, a Wii and an Xbox 360, it is crazy). And friday is family movie night either in home or at the movies. So every night after dinner we have quality time together. it seems to be going well so far, which I am happy about. The boys are also limited to 1 hour of TV & video games per week night, which is really hard for them to even do when they have homework, then dinner, then activity, then i read to them for the last 30 minutes before bed. So that's good. Weekends they are free to do whatever and have however long with the TV & video games depending on what we are doing that weekend.
Today is my first weigh-in at WW, so we shall see. I did really well staying on my points this week. I even went out to Chili's, The cheesecake Factory and IHOP this week and still managed to stay within my points, so I am really proud of myself! I can do it, I can do it!
My best friend Jamie turns 30 this Saturday and I am putting together her party and such, which is fun. I can't say too much about it here though, cuz alot of it is a surprise, and she sometimes reads my blogs.... She knows about her party, but not about the specifics of the party. She just knows where to go and when. So it's gonna be lots of fun, I am excited. So maybe after the party I can talk about it.
I'm sure I don't actually have many people that made it this far, , this is kind of a lengthy blog, but I haven't been on here in what feels like FOREVER, and I had an hour to kill with nothing really else to do. Blogging is my outlet!! I hate not being able to do it whenever I want! I need my internet back!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment