Wednesday, December 10, 2008
These are the days of our lives.... Current mood: tired
I'm so sleepy. How can it only be 9:30? I'm so old.
So yesterday, while I am trying to muddle my way through the like 15 page student teaching application, I realize that I am missing a science class. How in the heck did that happen?! I am so frustrated. I just sorta forgot about my basic classes, since I thought I got them all done with my associates from Rose, and I have heard the whole 4 by 12 ever since I came to UCO, you gotta have 12 hours in each of the 4 main subjects (English, Math, History and Science), but I never even looked or realized or thought about the fact that I onle have 8 science hours. My counselor brought to my attention when I first enrolled that my Earth science class that I took at rose was only 3 hours and they required 4, and I did the whole 1 hour physical science lab last semester to make up for it, but she didn't point out that I was missing a whole other class! But it's my own fault too, because I just didn't pay attention. Until I was sitting there with my transcripts, having to write in what semester & year I took each required class, and what grade I made in it, in order to be accepted to student teach next semester, and I realized I am missing a class. Sigh. It shouldn't put me back any. I will just have to take it over the summer and get my grade back before I can be fully placed into student teaching in the fall. But that means that I have to go everyday since it is a summer class, which means I will probably go to rose and transfer it over so that I can stay closer to home. But what the heck am I going to do with my kids?! Which I can't even plan for until they release the times for the summer classes, which probably won't happen until the end of the semester, because I have no idea when I will need childcare since I don't know what time my class will be! So frustrating. Really, really reallly really frustrating. It will be even more frustrating if by chance something freaky happens and it does put me back another semester and I can't get into student teaching next semester. I will be livid. I'm so close, I am soooo ready to be done.
Not that I don't enjoy getting to be home with Starla and not work while I go to school, because THAT I enjoy immensely. As much as I am ready to be a teacher, and as excited as I am to have my classroom, in a perfect world I would love to stay home with Starla until she started school before I went back to work. I never got to stay home when the boys were little, I always worked. This is the first kid I've not had to work, and I've gotten to spend so much more time with her, and I love it. I love having mommy friends and taking Starla to playdates and out and about. It's so nice.
Which is what we did today, we took full advantage of the beautiful spring-like weather today and went to the zoo from 9am until almost 1pm! We ran into all my mommy friends with their kids and had a wonderful morning/afternoon. Then when we went to go pick up Roman after school, we headed to the park and played again for about an hour until we had to go get Bourbon from volleyball practice. It was sooooo pretty out today!! I loved getting to spend most of it outdoors.
Saturday is the 9th anniversary of Alan & I being together. Crazy that it has been 9 years! We are going out on date night, the kids are staying the night at my moms house. I think we are going to grab some dinner somewhere and then head to the Loony Bin for some comedic action. Should be fun. I can't wait until valentines day though, we booked this awesome little cottage at this B&B in norman. It has a heart shaped jacuzzi tub and everything! I love bed & breakfasts. We have gone to 2, and we were going to start it where we went every 6 months, but it fell away after the first two, and we haven't been since like 2002! So I decided it was about time we went again. I want to hit up as many B&B's in oklahoma as possible eventually. They are so much fun. I want to go to the new one in edmond, Two Hearts Inn. It is attached to Inspiration's Tea House (which I LOVE!) but it is so darn expensive!!! We will have to wait until we can go on like a weeknight so we can get a cheaper rate. Valentine's day falls on a saturday this year! Plus they always hike up the rates on holidays. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment