Friday, March 27, 2009
So very sad..... Current mood: sad
There's this girl in one of my classes, we have had several classes together over the last few semesters, as most of us in the teacher program have, and before spring break she was telling me how she has been taking her youth group from church skiing each spring break for a few years now, as an adult sponser, and how usually someone gets really sick or something, and it usually isn't a very fun experience, but she still goes each time. She doesn't ski, she just sits at the lodge with those too sick or injured to ski. Well when we got back from spring break I asked if this time proved to be a better trip, and she said no. A 15 year old girl from the group hit a tree head on, and was unconscious and actually still in Colorado, because she was too unstable to move. Her family has set up a page for her on www.carepages.com (you just have to sign up to the site to get on it, and you can search for her name) and they blog daily about her condition and what they are going through, and they have a page set up for her on facebook. If you are a praying person, I encourage you to pray for her and her family. Her name is Jessica Boone. I kept meaning to get on here this week and post it, but things were busy and I'm just now sitting down to blog all the things I've been thinking of blogging! I just can't imagine my 15 year old daughter going away on a church ski trip, and not coming back. I pray that this beautfiul girl wakes up and is ok. And I pray that her family has the strength to endure. Here is her profile from the care pages website:
Jessica's Story
Jessie Boone loves skiing! She was so excited to go skiing on Spring Break with all her friends from church! She was doing great but hit a really icy spot and went out of control and hit a tree with her head. Some of her friends went right to her and got help quickly. They airlifted her out of Glenwood Springs, Colorado to Grand Junction, Colorado to St Marys hospital which is a trauma center. She had a depressed skull fracture on her Right forehead and had to go into surgery that night. Mom and dad flew in around midnight and met Justin and Erin and Scott and John who were with Jessie. She now has to recover from her surgery which will take a long
time.
It's a reminder about how life can change in the blink of an eye. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment