I got to teach my Batteries & Bulbs science lesson today in the 4th grade class. The kids had so much fun! It went over really well, and most of the groups figured it out without any help, so that was awesome. I took pictures and videos. The teacher in there said as long as I don't put the kids last names on them, I can use them for anything I want, so I am going to blog with them. :)
Speaking of my teacher in there, this is what he wrote on the critique of my lesson that I have to turn into my professor:
Mrs. Little came prepared for her lesson! Her lesson actively engaged the students and kept them on task, motivated, and excited. The directions to the experiment were listed on a worksheet and the students read them aloud and discussed each step before the materials were presented to the students. Mrs. Little used the smartboard to construct a KWL chart with the students and took pictures as the students were working. During the experiment phase, she walked around and actively monitored the students progress. The students enjoyed the lesson.
Woo hoo!! I was so excited that it went over so well, with both the students and the teacher! And I had a blast too. Just look at the pics of these kids involved in science investigation!
They had to make predictions and draw diagrams.
They were given a bulb, a battery, a copper wire and tape and had to figure out how to make the light bulb light up!

The tested their theories.

Those that figured it out first got to come up to the smarboard and draw their diagram and explain it to the class. And check out how the rest of the class is looking up at the board and paying attention to their peer, I didn't even have to tell them to!

The classroom was buzzing with activity!
The tested their theories.
Those that figured it out first got to come up to the smarboard and draw their diagram and explain it to the class. And check out how the rest of the class is looking up at the board and paying attention to their peer, I didn't even have to tell them to!
The classroom was buzzing with activity!

No comments:
Post a Comment