Date: Jul 21, 2009
Astronomy, diets, novel writing, oh my!
Current mood: creative
I am about to get ready to pack up for camping, which I am soo excited about! I thought we might not get to go, Alan had said he didn't want to and that we shouldn't, but then he changed his mind. He is on vacation this week. Summer isn't summer without camping!! I am looking forward to finding crawdads & tadpoles in the creek, picking wild blackberries, fireworks, swimming,sleeping in a tent, campires and smores! Yeah!! We are going to have such a great time.
I have to study for my last astronomy test though, which stinks. But it is on friday. We will get back thursday evening, so I don't have much time here to study. So I'm not sure I will even get to watch all my videos, but I've notices I get so much more from the text and study guide anyways, so I should be ok. This test is over our own solar system, so at least I know something about that, lol. I have gotten my test scores back thus far, I got an 87 on the first one, a 94 on the 2nd one but it was reduced to 85 since I lost 10% for taking it late, and then 88 on the last one I just took. I got a perfect score on my first paper and just turned in my second paper. So if I get a good score on it, and make at least an 80 on this last test, witht eh 20 points of extra credit I am going to try to get, then I will pull off an A in the class! Woo hoo!! These 80's are killing me, lol, I'm such a geek. I hate getting anything less than an A.
I have decided to stop taking my HCG drops for now. I have lost over 20 lbs, and even though I wanted to lose 15 more before I quit this time, I think I should just take a break. I'm pretty sure its the drops that have messed up my stomach and made me sick the last several days. I keep feeling sick to my tummy anytime I eat, and I keep getting tummy cramps. And I have a hard time sticking to the diet when we are going here and there and everywhere, so I feel like I'm just wasting money and the drops. So I think I will wait until school starts back up and I am in a routine and schedule, which will be easier for me to stick to it. I did really well until we went to texas, and now we are going camping, so it just seems like a lost cause. lol. But I am still going to try to lose weight by eating better and excercising, just not taking the drops for now. I want to be at my goal weight by the end of the year, but we shall see. I still have about 35 lbs I want to lose to get there.
My goal this summer was to write a bunch on my novel and get it mostly done by the time school started, which isn't going to happen. I've worked on it some, but nothing like I wanted to. But, my friend Shane is also writing a novel and he and I decided we would come up with a weekly wordcount goal, and be accountability partners! So I am excited about that, because I think that will motivate me and keep me focused! Like when I did the national novel writing month, and I had a daily wordcount goal and had to update it on the website, it kept me on track and focused. I just need a fixed number, and someone I have to report back to, so I don't slack off, lol. So now my revised goal is to have it all done and edited and ready to send in for someone to look at by the end of the year. I love how my story is all coming together though, I have had this novel in my head for like 10 years or more, lol, and so finally working with it and developing my characters and storylines and stuff, is alot of fun for me. And the plan is for it to just be a springboard to all the other novel ideas in my head! (I promise Jamie, I will write the murdering Doc one that you are so excited about at some point, lol, I know I've had that idea for like 12 years or something like that, you've been patient.....) But I want this one to be my first, and it is supposed to be the first in a series as well. I want to have the next Harry Potter-type 'kids' series, so that is my goal.
Ok, I need to go get packed up and ready for our camping adventure!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment