Most all of our stuff in our house was given to us, by family members or what have you. Not much in out house flows with a theme, or really has much of our personality in it. So I just decided I really want to redecorate and make this house more about my tastes and my personality! Bit by bit, room by room, little by little I am going to redecorate. I'm excited.
These are the ideas I have so far.
Dining Room:
I want a medieval/romantic/gothic theme in the dining room. Mostly based around this gianormous (seriously, it's like 4 ft by 3 ft if not bigger!) painting that Alan's family gave us of Romeo & Juliet. He has fond memories of it hanging in his grandparents home growing up as a child, and really wants it in our house, so I am going to adapt the dining room around it.
I like the wrought iron look of things in here too, like this candle holder (although I may replace the candles, lol, they are leaning a bit)
I have 2 tealight candelabras that sit on my dining room table too that really go with the decor.
There's a bunch of local artists displayed at The Artzplace where my kids take their music lessons, and there is this one Artist, Lainey G. that I LOVE the 2 things she has up there. Her e-mail is next to her pics, so after admiring them each week for like the last month, I decided to e-mail her yesterday and ask if she would make me one kind of like this one, but smaller. So far she offered to make me a 18x20 for $350, but I countered with how big of one could she make me for like $150, lol. SO we shall see, but I think it would go well in the dining room. But I love stuff like this:

It's all dark and gothic, with black tulle and wire swirlies (I love swirls!)
I love this one she has displayed too, but it's $1700, a BIT out of my price range.....

So that's all I got for the dining room so far.
Living room:
In the livingroom I am going to get one of Debbie Curtis' barbie paintings, but I'm not sure which one,I like to many of them!
(for some reason I can't get the link to work, so here is the website http://debbiecurtisart.com/home.html )
But I want the living room to be a retro/funky/colorful theme
With bold colors and just fun stuff, like this sign:
Maybe multi colored glass bottles in different sizes and shapes. Other than that, I don't know.
Bedroom:
I want the bedroom to be a romantic escape, based on this painting Midsummer's Dream:
It's a lady surrounded by fairies. :) We have the canopy bed that I want to drape in sheer and pretty fabric. I love fairies and mushrooms and gnomes and elves and things likes that. I want to work them in somehow and make it a little escape from reality. :)
And really thats' it so far. I think I'm going to redo our little bathroom in sunflowers and green ivy, and I haven't decided what we are going to do with the blue bathroom yet.
So Kristal (and anyone else for that matter!) if you come across any ideas to redo these rooms, let me know!!!!

wow! the pressure is on:) seriously though this is a great start. i love your ideas and making your space personal is so much fun! i will be on the lookout and i will also talk with you more in person so we can brainstorm. you do have all that baby stuff moved out, now right? not sure quite how to tie a boppy and a swing in with the romeo and juliet:)
ReplyDelete