CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The '25 things about me' Survery

Saturday, February 14, 2009

25 things you might not have known about me
Current mood: cheerful

My turn to do the survery, woo hoo. 25 things about me that you may not have known.

1. I lived in Japan from the ages of 5-8, so I can count to 10 in japanese with ease, it's stored in the part of my brain that knows how to count in english, since I basically learned both at the same time, always there, I don't ever forget it. So the theory that you should teach children a second language as they are learning their first is actually a pretty darn good idea.

2. I have always been fascinated with twins, and hoped I would have a set! I can't really imagine trying to care for 2 infants at once, but the idea of twins is enthralling to me.

3. I have had the name Starla picked out for my little girl since I was a teenager, from the Smashing pumpkins song. I've always loved stars, so the name was the most perfect name to me!

4. The only time I've ever been in an ambulance was when I was 17. I rear-ended a car that had just rear-ended a car, and in the process hit my mouth on the steering wheel. It broke the bone above my teeth, and all of my front teeth were no longer pointing down, but instead pointing into my mouth towards my throat. Blood was rapidly coming out of my mouth. The oh-so-friendly paramedics actually asked me if I would like to get a different ride. Um, my car was totalled, I was by myself, we were in the middle of the highway, blood coming out of my mouth. Maybe I should call a cab? I assume they thought I might not have insurance and were trying to spare me the cost of the ride, but I was a kid, I was on my parent's insurance. The ER dr. had to pull my teeth back into place, but they couldn't numb me because the bone was broken on the nerve and they were unable to get the medicine in there. Instead of holding my head still and in place, I kept following the Dr's hand as he pulled forward, it took a while. It hurt.... ALOT!

5. I was in love with Jonathan Brandis (Sidekicks, Ladybugs, The neverending story part 2, "It" by stephen king) when I was a teenager. I had posters of him covering my walls and ceiling! Sigh, sadly he committed suicide like in 2002. What a waste.

6. I owned and operated a Candy Bouquet Franchise with my mom in Midwest City from 2001-2003. It was such a wonderful opportunity and I learned a lot, but it is really hard running your own business. But I had sooo much fun creating and making candy bouquets!

7. I have wanted to be an author since I was in the 1st grade. I swear I am going to publish at least one book before I die, but I would like to publish many, many books. I have so many great stories in my head..... it's getting the time to put them on paper, and the motivation, that is hard.

8. I had breast implants and a lift in Jan. 2000 at the age of 21, I got pregnant with Roman in Feb 2000. What a silly, silly girl! Who gets work done to fix what happened during a pregnancy, when they actually plan on getting pregnant again in the future (although I didn't plan on it to be THAT quick!)? I should have waited until I was all done. I plan on getting it all done again in a few years, due to the fact that Roman jumped on my back as I was laying face down on our hardwood floors about a year and a half ago, and he caused one of my implants (which are behind the muscle) to shift in place (which means it pulled my muscle, I could hardly lift anything for a week after that) and now it moves when it shouldn't and gets all out of place in there. It doesn't hurt per say, but it is the oddest feeling ever, very uncomfortable. I know, probably more information than you ever wanted to know, lol.

9. I was homeschooled from sophmore-senior year of high school. I don't recommend it, I missed out on so much.

10. I used to be fascinated with witchcraft, and actually was a practicing Wiccan when I was a teenager. Yep, I practiced spells, prayed to the goddess, and worshipped nature. It took me a long time of dabbling in other religions before I found Christianity, or maybe it found me.

11. I couldn't cook hardly at all (you know, hamburger helper, boiled noodles, etc) until I started teaching myself in around 2003. I love the fact that I can find just about any recipe and make it (really, if you can read, you can cook). I love experimenting and creating new meals.

12. I took a cake decorating class at the age of 16, but didn't get into cake decorating until I made Roman's Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory birthday cake in 2005.

13. I am left-handed.

14. I am the youngest of 4 children, and the only girl. My brother Nate is 18 months older, Mr brother Mark is 6 years older, and my brother Scott died of Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 17 when I was 13. I always wanted a sister, which makes me want to have another girl so Starla can have a sister.

15. I'm fascinated with multiple personalities and have read every single book I can find having to do with people that have had it.

16. I probably believed in Santa way longer than most kids. I don't remember when I stopped, but I still get really sad that he isn't real and wish that he was. I like to think fairies exist in some other place too. I believe in magic.

17. I get mad at myself if I don't make an A on everything. Because I know that I can, and the only time I don't make an A is when I don't take the time to actually do the assignment right, or study like I should. So when I make a B, I know it's because of effort not ability and I get mad at myself.

18. I've been on the President's, Vice-President's, and/or Dean's honor roll every semester since I went back to college in 2005. (Yes, I'm a geek and I am proud!)

19. I do think that DisneyWorld is the happiest place on earth, and am dying to take Starla there! I think Walt Disney was a genius, regardless of how corrupt or crazy his empire is now.

20. If I won the lottery (of course you have to play to win, and we never do) I would share it with all the people I care about. I know probably everyone says that, but seriously I want to get rich just because I could give more to people, I LOVE giving gifts and spoiling people, it is what I do and it makes me sooooo happy. So if I had a giant amount of money, I would buy houses and cars, and set up college funds for my friend's kids, and help people I don't even know. Why keep a bunch of money that really you don't need, when you could share it?

21. I can't hardly pick a favorite anything, I don't know why. I like sooo many different things, I can't ever pick out a favorite food, book, movie, music, etc. I like it all! Whenever someone asks me my favorite, I go blank, I can't pick one of anything.

22. Lol, that being said, 8 is my favorite number. That never changes, always has been, always will be.

23. I always say that I am a walking contradiction. (see # 21 & 22), although I'm not sure that's exactly the correct term for it. I can be 2 opposite things at the same exact time, all the time. For example I say that I am a june cleaver trapped in a gothic loving,peirced,tattooed person. I'm loud and outgoing, but I'm shy & quiet. I'm full of self-confidence and full of self-doubt. It's like I have the polar opposites going on at all times. I'm so weird.

24. I was meant to be a mother. My life would have never been complete if I didn't have kids. Sometimes I don't even think I really existed until I had kids.

25. Serendipity is my favorite word. I love how it sounds, how it looks and what it means. It's such a wonderful word.

There you go, way too much info about me that you could possible ever want.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you posted this! i learned a lot about you and it just confirmed i was right in liking you so much:)

    ReplyDelete