CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

oh happy friday....

Friday, February 20, 2009
oh happy friday Current mood: loved

The weeks seem to just all run together these days, but even though they seem to fly by, I am always happy for the weekend. A chance to take a breath and relax for a moment! Time to get caught up on schoolwork!! (yeah, what fun!) Time to spend with my family. Time to just not be doing anything!

I had to clean Starla's room today, it was getting awful. That and move the changing table out of her room, because she is getting too big for it. My baby is growing up too fast! It's amazing how fast they grow. I mean I look at Bourbon sometimes and I can't believe he's already 10 years old. Where does the time go?!

I think we are going to have to get a storage shed. We have so much stuff. Granted, we need to get rid of some of it, but some of it I want to keep. We have this awesome antique daybed that used to be Alan's grandmothers out in our shed that I would like to keep either for Starla to have or just to have as a guest bed, but it's not going to be anytime soon. And my mom is giving me her beautiful wooden japanese carved curio cabinet that they got when we lived in Japan in the early 80's with her entire bell collection in it (it matches the entertainment center they already gave us that is in our bedroom) but we don't have any room for it right now, but I still want it. Because we haven't made a firm decision on if we are going to have another baby or not, we want to hang onto the crib and changing table, and all the various baby furniture and toys and such, but we just don't have the space to store it all. So I guess we are going to really have to look at renting a storage shed. Or alan thinks we need to go buy another shed, but I'm not sure we can afford it, or if I want to give up any space out back to put it. We shall see.

I called my school yesterday to see if they had placed me with a teacher yet or not, and they did! Woo hoo! I am now going to be with a Mr. Ray who teaches 4th grade. I've never observed a male elementary school teacher, so that should be at least interesting I hope. I did meet him when I was in the other 4th grade class. He seems very no-nonsense, by the book kinda guy. But I could be wrong. That's just the impression that I got when I met him. But I get to stay at my school, and visit my Special Ed class, and visit with my little Katie in there, so that makes me happy.

I must be gaining a larger blog reading audience. The stats of how many posts, and how many views and such is always right there when I'm posting a blog, so I glance at it, and generally let's say I have 3 posts in a week, I will probably have 60 views. So out of my 130+ friends here on myspace I figure about 20 of them must read my blogs consistently, which is better than I would expect. I love to blog, and although I enjoy the audience and I like knowing people must be interested in what I have to say, I really blog mostly for myself (although sometimes I just blog to tell people about something cool that I have found or know about or whatever). The way that I work out my thoughts is writing about them, that's why I've always kept a journal or diary. I need to write about stuff to reflect and process it all, and sometimes I don't even see the 'big picture' until I go through that process. So I would blog even if no one read it, I could never be the person that checks the views and thinks "no one's reading my blogs, I guess I won't take the time to write them anymore", because I love blogging, with or without an audience. But, that being said, last week I think I had 2 blogs, maybe 3, and my views was a little over 100!! And this week I have 5 posts so far and I have 164 views!! That's amazing to me. Either more of my friends are checking out my blogs, or someone is trying to catch up and reading a whole lot, lol. Which has happened before, I've had friends tell me they were reading all my blogs as far back as they go and my views would jump in numbers while they did that. Anyways, I just thought I would share because I was rather impressed that so many people have read my blogs, or a few people have read them a BUNCH of times. So thank you, my wonderful readers, for being interested in my life. That always feels good that people care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment