CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

As of last weekend we now have a piano (Thanks Aunt Theresa!)The kids LOVE it. Roman already figured out, by ear, how to play twinkle twinkle litte star, and both boys can play some of the music from Star Wars (thanks to Alan of course!). Starla just sits down and hits the keys and sings, and makes up her own songs, it's so darn cute! She always brings friends with he too, as seen in the pic above. Her toys like to play piano too! I can't wait for them to learn how to really play!!
So for the past couple of years, I have gotten the boys valentines books for valentines day, so when Roman asked last week if they were going to get their book, I knew it was time to mix it up some. (I'm a creature of habit sometimes, I can't help it) So after much thought, I have decided to send them on a valentines scavenger hunt in the morning! We already got them mailboxes last month that we keep on the bookshelf, and we leave them notes every few days (especially on the days I got to school, because when they wake up I am gone and I don't get home until 4:30 or 5pm!) or little treats. So in the morning they will find a little note in their mailbox that will send them on a hunt throughout the house with clues to their next spot. Each spot will have a little treat, which will get bigger each time (a sucker, a little treat bag, a box of candy hearts, a box of chocolates,_ until they get to the end (5 clues leads to the 6th spot!) which will be a toy. Starla just gets to get all her treats in one sitting when she wakes up. I can't wait to see the boys scramble around to the next spot, finding new clues! It's going to be fun!
Then, at 4pm Alan & I get to head to our B&B in norman (thanks again to Aunt Theresa who is going to stay here with the kids!) where we are ordering in so we don't have to fight the crowds, and enjoying some adult time! Score! :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day, no matter how you spend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment