CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lazy Saturday

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Lazy Saturday Current mood: mellow

I do too much. Most everyone knows that. I just feel this need to be going and doing something. I had told myself I was not going to plan anything for this weekend and just get caught up on School stuff and house stuff, and such. But of course after getting up this morning, my head is spinning with plans I could be making "It's a beautiful day, I should take the kids to the park. Oh oh, we have a free afternoon, we should go to the mall, I want to check out the disney store and Starla needs new clothes....The children's place! Oh oh, I wonder if the zoo would be too packed today? We should do something......" (my self-talk). And I had to talk myself out of it and remind myself that I need to stay home today, which is what I did. I did get most of my school reading done, which is good, but I still have more I need to do before Monday. I did get my kitchen cleaned, swept & mopped, but that was it as far as the house was concerned. I really need to clean my room. But I relaxed. I read some for pleasure. I got to watch some shows. I still am not feeling good. There were several times this morning that I found myself nodding off into my science book, trying to stay awake cuz the sinus pressure in my head was so strong all I wanted to do was close my eyes and go to sleep. But it went away (thanks to clariten-d!). I always feel guilty for just hanging out and not really doing anything, becuase not only is my to-do list a mile long, but I figure if I'm not going to be doing what I SHOULD be doing, then I should be going out and taking the kids out and having family time, or whatever. So I have to force myself to just relax, and talk myself out of feeling guilty. It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there.

Today was nice. I have this need to read and read and read. I finished The Time Traveler's Wife thursday. That was so heavy and draining on me (although a fantastic book, everyone should read it) that I really needed something light to follow that up. So yesterday I read, the entire thing, Tori Spelling's book about her life. I never really had any thoughts about Tori Spelling in general, until over the summer when I caught her show on oxygen, and I loved it! She is so freaking funny, she cracks me up. And although she still isn't totally normal (what celebirty is) she seemed so real and down to earth. So I got her book, but haven't gotten around to reading it, so now I have. Woo hoo! (My bookshelves are full of books I buy that I want to read, but never seem to have the time) SO then I realized I never finished Ron Clark's essential rules for teaching (I watched the Ron Clark story on Lifetime over the christmas break. I want to be such a great teacher that they make a lifetime movie out of me!), so I picked that back up today and will finish it tonight. Then what next....... oh all the possibilities!!

I got to watch some of my Paula Deen shows today too. I love Paula Deen. I think somewhere in another life I must have been a southern, red-neck woman (joking of course, as I don't believe in other lives). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dolly Parton & Paula Deen, not to mention Gretchen Wilson's song "redneck woman" Yes yes, I know, you are so disappointed in me. My dirty little secret (not really, most everyone knows I love country music! ) I love Dolly & Paula's twang and accent, and funny little southern quirks. They crack me up. I want to be able to cook like Paula some day. She rocks.

I start my 2nd 30 hour observation of a classroom next week. I got my first pick school (you are asked to pick a district, and your top 3 choices of schools you want to be placed in. EVERYONE wants edmond at UCO. I don't know if it's because most everyone lives out there, or because it is the 'cream of the crop' schools. I don't really care, I don't want anything to do with Edmond. So although most of the gals there don't even get any of their top 3 choices, because they all choose edmond, I get my #1 choice because I choose midwest city!) I am excited to see what grade I get this time. I got 6th grade last time. And I requested 4th grade for my student teaching, so I kinda hope I get a younger grade this time, just to balance it out. Although I don't want to teach the younger ones, but an observation there wouldn't hurt. I hope I get a great teacher that I can learn a ton from, instead of a teacher I can learn how NOT to be. We shall see.

I am about to go watch my Grey's anatomy & Private practice. As soon s I kick Roman and his little best friend Matthew (sleep over, woo hoo) off of the Wii here in a few moments, and then put Starla to bed, and finish my relaxing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment