So anyways, this blog is going to be a hodge podge of pictures and thoughts, because I haven't had time to get on here and share, and probably won't too much until after Christmas!
Starla discovered Roman's mask, and goes around saying "I'm bat baby!" It's pretty cute!
Roman is such a unique kid. He's so funny. He loves overalls and eccentric clothing. While looking through the last 2 weeks of pics to make this blog, it reminded me that I don't take enough pictures of Bourbon. I need to take more pictures of Bourbon by himself. I guess that's the plight of being the oldest. I make memory books on snapfish each year for christmas for Bourbon's dad and his parents (Bourbon's grandparents) of Bourbon's year, and when I made it last week I suddenly realized I just don't take many photos of Bourbon by himself, yet I have a ton of Roman & Starla. I always jokingly say though that Alan, Roman & Starla are always on center stage and entertaining and competing for attention, and Bourbon & I are just wallflowers. I guess that is really true. Roman & Starla are always doing something funny or quirky and I grab my camera. I need to learn to just grab it and take pics of Bourbon just being Bourbon.
I made cornish hens for dinner this week, and Roman made his dance, lol.
Did I mention Starla loves to paint? We do it ALOT! Which means we take lots of baths too!
Last saturday some people from my Life Group from church went to The Red Cross and stuffed stockings for needy kids. We stuffed 316 stockings in less than 2 hours! Go us!
Me and my bestest friend Jamie.
I love Starla's big poufy pink coat!
Hee hee, Alan says I order way too much stuff online. We actually had 2 mail men come on monday, at the same time. One came with regular mail and one came with a package, I have no idea why it came separately, but I thought it was funny and took a picture, so I could show Alan and make the joke that we get so much mail it takes 2 mailmen....
Oh yeah, Starla loves to paint....
We made Christmas cookies!!
The boys liked it for a while, and then decided they were bored....
We had our toddler Christmas party today, which was sooo much fun! Thanks for coming those of you who got to come!! I love having parties and having kids over to play. It's so much fun. Noah brought Starla a present! It was her first present of the season, so she was pretty excited when she got to open it. Ever since we told her about Santa this season and presents and such, she has been saying Santa is going to bring her a special cake. I have no idea why, but she always says Santa is going to bring her a special cake. So she opens Noah's present and she looks at me and says "Where's my cake?" and it looks like she is about to get really upset about it, it took me a second and then I realized what she was talking about, and said "Santa will bring you a special cake, remember? This present is from Noah!" (Note to self, Santa must bring Starla a special cake!!!) she took a breath, smiled, and said "ok" and looked down at the beautfiul tutu she got and said "Noah got me a special dress!!!" and was so excited. It was naptime, so I told her when she got up she could wear it. As soon as she got up from her nap she asked about it, so we put it on without anything else for a few hours (Daddy wasn't sure he liked that too much, lol). And then I made Alan take it off of her so we could eat dinner, and she got upset and wanted her special dress!! So I told her as soon as she was done eating she could have it back! So after dinner we put it on over her clothes and went to go see the Christmas lights and went to go show Nanny & Papa her special dress (and to take them some cookies!). I have a feeling this tutu is going to be worn daily........

The party was a lot of fun! And Starla looks super cute in her tutu! I can't wait until I can get Kinley one! Thanks for sharing some of your traditions. It's so cool to have kids at the holidays--we do so much more stuff now! Anyway, merry Christmas! Try to take it easy Mama!
ReplyDelete