CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hello Phoenix, goodbye binky!

So Melissa had her baby today! Woo hoo. They ended up having to do a c-section, but all went well. He was born at 4:45pm and weighs 8lbs 10 ozs and is 21 inches long. He looks just like his big brother Aidon, it is crazy! I would post pics, but since I didn't ask permission from mom & dad, I better not!

It seemed like perfect timing, I told Starla I was going to go see the new baby, and a spur of the moment idea hit me, I said we should give all of her binkys to Phoenix, because he was a baby so he needed them, but that Starla was a big girl and she didn't need them anymore (I didn't have any plans on taking it away yet, hadn't even really thought about it, but I thought maybe we should try)! So said ok, handed me all of her binkys (or so I thought...) and said goodbye to them, and I took them with me to the hopsital. When I called to check in as I was leaving the hospital, I was going to tell Alan to just let her stay up until I got there and I would put her to bed (it was just about bed time, she only takes a binky when she goes to bed) but he said he had already put her to bed. I asked how she did without the binky, and he said she didn't go without a binky, there was one in her bed and he gave it to her! So much for my experiment! But, after I got home and read to the boys and put them to bed, I heard her talking in her room, she dropped her blankey and was wanting it, so I went in there and said we needed to give the binkey to the baby, and she said ok and handed it to me, and I said good night and left. She threw her blanket out 2 more times and cried for me to get it (she never does this, she always just goes to bed, no big deal) and after that she wanted her baby elephant, so I had to search for him (momma and daddy elephant were already in the crib with her) and then she wanted them, Pinky the monkey and poppy the penguin (who were all in bed with her) all to have a blankey too, so I got them all a blankey and then left the room again, then she started screaming for the blankey again, so I went in, but she hadn't dropped her blankey she just had pulled all the blankets off of the dolls and wanted them all back on again, so I fixed them all up, covered her up and left the room to start this blog, and soon I hear "my binkey......my binkey.....my binkey...." all soft and sad over and over and over and over again. She wasn't asking for it, or calling to me, just repeating it, sounding so sad. So I went in there and asked if she really needed it, and she said yes, and I said "I thought we were going to give them to the baby?" and she said "We give them to the baby tomorrow." lol. So I'm a push over and gave her the binkey. Now, not a peep. I guess it is not time to take it away yet. She's one of those kids that just goes to bed without a fight, she just lays down and goes to sleep and I never hear a word out of her. So for her to call me in there over and over, was her way of saying she needed her binkey to go to sleep. I'm in no hurry for her to grow up, she can keep the binkey. Phoenix will have to get his own binkeys. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that's so cute! Finn has been doing that too lately where he needs, like, 5 different stuffed animals everywhere he goes. He gets very particular! Her binky story is so sweet! It's nice to let them hold on to some baby things! They have to grow up too soon anyway!

    ReplyDelete