CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our many, and varied holiday activities & celebrations (caution, lots of pics!)

After the toddler party we had our adult Christmas party! There was lots of wine, games and fun! Here's the party spread.

We played apples to apples and scattegories. I haven't laughed that much in a very long time. I couldn't stop laughing at one point, tears streaming down my face.... good times.



We played Dirty santa, it got a bit dirty....














Troung seemed happy with his win!



The next day we went to Ducan for Christmas with Alan's familia.


Alan juggles everywhere we go, life is a stage.



We ate lunch, opened presents and played dirty santa at Alan's dad's house.















Then we headed over to Alan's mom's house where we ate dinner, played games and opened presents again!










Cousin Karli came home with us and stayed the night, and we made our favorite reindeer cookies the next day!















On Christmas eve, Alan & the boys went downtown to the snowtubing at the brick. They had a blast!

















Then that night we hosted my family Christmas with my parents, brothers & families, Aunt Theresa and Jamie. We had a big traditional ham dinner, opened presents and played games.

My daddy!




Alan was so excited about his chocolate brownie trifle, he took like 5 pictures of it. Lol. I also made a chocolate banana bread pudding. Yum.





Me and my love.



My brother Nate with his oldest daughter Destiny.



Jamie & I were passing out gifts, Alan thought he would be cute and call our names and then take a pic.





After everyone left, the kids got to open their christmas eve gift, the robes I made! Alan was supposed to open his too, but he had fallen aleep in his chair before everyone had left!




For some reason I don't have them all 3 together in their robes, just 2 at a time!







We had milk & cookies and picked out the ones we were leaving for Santa and then out Starla to bed. After that we tracked Santa on Norad. If you haven't ever done that, it is SO much fun! Go to http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html and check it out. It shows where Santa is at the moment on Christmad eve and even has videos of his flight. They tell all about santa, it is lots of fun. The boys get so excited watching him on his flight, as soon as he hit the USA we went to bed, it was just a few minutes after 10pm!



Before that though, we had to read "twas the night before Christmas" which is our christmas eve tradition. Alan always reads it, but he had fallen asleep.......


So Bourbon got to read it, which he was pretty excited about.



Roman wrote one more letter to santa, begging for his violin, and we left the cookies & milk out and they went to bed.





Since Alan fell asleep at 8pm, and usually gets up at 3am, he was awake long before everyone else on Christmas morning, and took some pics of the christmas tree with his party lights on it.




He sat in the chair in the living room and waited for the rest of us to get up, so he could take pics of the kids faces right when they entered the living room. Here is Starla coming in for the first time.



Then of course the Christmas madness ensued. Presents everywhere! We always let the kids open their stockings first, then we open ours. Then we let them open their santa gifts. Then we pass out all the presents and from youngest to oldest we each pick a gift and open it, one by one. My mom did that with us when we were kids too, and I liked it, so I kept the tradition.
The kids got me a cute mom angel gift set.

Roman got a robot


Bourbon got the Pokemon Battle dome


Starla got a stroller for her babies


Daddy got Rock Band



Alan wrapped up a box inside a wrapped up box inside a wrapped up box inside a wrapped up box, where inside was a note saying he would be back inside with my gift. He is so silly. He came in with a brand new microwave. Woo hoo! Ours was barely working! In fact my mom had bought me one too, and they discovered this on Christmas eve and my mom had to run out and get me a new gift before we opened gifts that night!
We always take The Annual Loot pic. We put all the kids gifts on the couch from and then take a pic. My parents didn't do it every year, but there were a few years of pics that I found of me with all my christmas gifts, and it is so neat to see all my old toys that I loved but didn't remember where they came from, and could say "wow, that's when I got that!" so I decided I would always take an Annual Loot pic, and have every single year since I have had kids.
They are spoiled. In fact I think there are a couple gifts missing from each kids loot, it's hard to keep all the gifts together from each christmas celebration!


Santa did bring Roman a shiney red violin.



Bourbon got a big TV for his room from Mom & Dad.


After we cleaned up and had breakfast and such, we headed over to my aunt Sharon's for the my extended family christmas where we had a big lunch with turkey & ham and all the trimmings, and opened gifts and played dirty santa.
Here is a pic with my family with my grandparents.




We had such a wonderful, and busy, Christmas! I love that we get to spend so much time with so many different family members.










































1 comment:

  1. You'll have to show me how to make those robes! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete