CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

a moment of peace.....

Monday, June 29, 2009

a moment of peace.....
Current mood: chill

So Starla is asleep, and the boys are in their rooms cleaning..... or at least that is what they are supposed to be doing! So I have a bit of peace and quiet! Although I should be doing something more productive than sitting here on the computer, I really need my time to decompress and write.

And the kids go stay the night with my mom tonight so that I can use tonight and tomorrow after my Dr's appointment to study for astronomy, so I know that I will be getting some time as well. I have to write a paper for the class, I guess that's what I will do first, since I don't have to take the test until next monday due to the holiday weekend.

So I have not been doing well on my diet the last week or so. I keep cheating and eating stuff I shouldn't. I will have a good day, and lose a pound or so, and then a bad day and gain, then I'll lose, then I'll gain.......bacially staying in the same place, I gotta get control of it! So I have decided that I gotta get back in gear and stay on track. Starting today there will be not one single bite of something I shouldn't have until Alan's b-day, which is next week. I can last a week, I've done it recently, I can do it again!! I'm still losing inches even though I'm basically maintaining my weight, but I want to lose a bunch more, so I need to get serious again. I know it's because I have been stressed, and I eat when I am stressed, I just need to find a way to stop doing that. Easier said than done, but I tend to be stubborn when I put my mind to it, so I just gotta decide that I can do this and be stubborn enough to pull it off.

Bourbon came back home from his dad's today, it's always weird to have one of your kids disappear every other weekend. I'm not sure I will ever get used to it. Matt told me before they left friday that his wife is expecting, so Bourbon will be getting another sibling. Their daughter Autumn will be 5 in Oct. So that's exciting for him. Roman doesn't quite understand why they aren't somehow related to him too, and why he can't go with Bourbon. Bourbon gets to go on vacation with Matt in 2 weeks for a week. They are going to go to SeaWorld and Schlitterbahn, which I'm very excited for him. But it's also hard to explain to Roman why Bourbon gets to do things that he doesn't get to. I always try not to go out and do anything real fun while Bourbon is gone, because I feel bad that he isn't a part of it, and i want to wait for him to come along. But I might just have to make that week really fun for Roman so that it eases the sting of not getting to go to SeaWorld and Schlitterbahn. That week Harry Potter comes out, and I've never let the boys go with me to the midnight viewing because they've been too young, and plus they have been getting kinda scary and mature as each one goes by, so I like to view it first before they do. But I think I am going to let Roman go this time, because it will be an extra special treat for him to go. And the next night is the Harry Potter science sleep over at the omniplex, and I think him & I are going to go to that too, so that will be lots of fun. I e-mailed my in-laws today so see if they would keep Starla those 2 nights so that we could go, so we shall see.

Next week is Alan's birthday, so we've been getting ready for that. He doesn't like to do big parties or anything. His comfort zone is a few people, just laid back, so that's what we are going to do. Me, I love parties and the more the merrier. Which I am excited that this year's watermelon festival in rush springs falls on my birthday, so that's how I plan on spending my day! ANd anyone who wants to come with us can!! All of the kids birthdays are falling into place too, which never happens this early, I am so excited. Usually Bourbon can't make up his mind and will wait until the last possible moment to decide what he wants, so I am thrilled that he has already chosen a rock band rock star party at home. And Starla has been talking about her yo gabba party at the omniplex for months now, so I went ahead and booked that one for her and have been shopping around for her supplies. And Roman has decided he wants a wrestling party, so now we just have to decide where to have it. So I can spend part of the summer planning and gathering ideas and supplies for the parties, since I won't have much time to do that once I start student teaching. I love planning parties, I really think birthday parties are one of my favorite parts about having kids. One of many favorite things of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment