CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

silver baby come to me, I'll only hurt you...in my dreams...

Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Silver baby come to me, I'll only hurt you... in my dreams...
Current mood: creative
Sorry, got Belly songs stuck in my head, so the lyrics are my title.

So we've jumped into summer full swing and are enjoying every bit of it. Yesterday it was the gym, then the pool, followed by Starla's nap and then the library to sign up for the summer reading program. We noticed on the calendar that they were having a video game party today so we decided to come back for it. We got home from the library yesterday with minutes before I had to head out the door to go to my orientation at OCCC. Then when I got home, after I got Starla in bed, the boys and I watched 'Howl's Moving Castle' which we had picked up at the library, which was really good!

Today we met some friends at the omniplex at 9am, came home for lunch and starla's nap, which I spent the entire time cleaning my increasingly disorganized house! When she woke up we headed to the video game party, which upon entering the library we were served chick-fil-a meals for free from the library. Score! No cooking dinner for me tonight! (which of course I love to cook, but having a night off every once in a while is always nice!) Then the boys went into the party for 2 hours while I sat down in the kidde section with a GIANT pile of cookbooks as Starla played happily with all the other kids and blocks and puzzles. I am in such a mood to bake and cook and create delicious dishes! Which of course is no good with me being on my diet. But I am glad that Alan's sister had a birthday yesterday and they are coming into town this weekend, so I am going to make her a homemade, from scratch birthday cake! Woo hoo! I might take just a nibble of it......

I am itching to entertain and do entertaining cooking!! I want to have a BBQ, or a dinner party, or a wine & cheese party. Something!! I want to bake a bunch of yummy desserts, and create a menu and plan a party. Sigh. My friend Michael called today to take me up on my offer to have him & his boyfriend Quinn over for dinner, which we decided would happen on thursday this week, and I am soo excited that I can plan a "guest" dinner! Which Alan made fun of me and asked why don't I just plan those meals for our own family anytime? But it's not the same!! And I do plan yummy meals for my own family, but you always kick it up a notch when you have guests, and pull out the special occasion foods. Even if I can't eat it on thursday, I am going to have fun planning and preparing. I love feeding people.

Tomorrow we head to the movies bright & early at 9:45am to see Nim's Island. I don't think Starla will sit through this one, so she is going to stay with my mom and we are going to take my niece instead. Then after that we are going to enjoy a picnic lunch before heading to the bowling alley. And after we get Starla back and she has her nap, and the gym nursery opens back up at 4pm, we head to the gym. Then home and cooking dinner, followed probably by some rockband on the wii. Woo hoo. Gotta love summer. Sometimes I wish I could stay a housewife for as long as my kids were kids, and I could homeschool them, so that every day could be like summer.

I am soo excited, I have always wanted to go to a murder mystery dinner theater, and I looked it up the other night just to see what was available, and there is going to be one next tuesday at the Spaghetti warehouse!! So I made us reservations, and we have another date night to look forward to! The boys will be gone all week next week, they are going to spend it in duncan with Alan's family and go to vacation bible school. So it will be a bit of a quieter week. And I can't wait to go to the murder mystery dinner!! I think it will be fun. And I am just going to cheat on my diet that day, . Some of my favorite dates are in the summer. I LOVE shakespeare in the park productions, and can't wait to go to that. I also love cocktails on the skyline at the art museum! If you've not done either of those, you must go check them out. They are awesome!

Tomorrow is day 10 on my diet, so I will do an update then on how it is going!!
Currently reading:
The Birthday Cake Book: 75 Recipes for Candle-Worthy Creations
By Dede Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment