CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 12, 2009

murder mystery, diet, summer, blah

Friday, June 12, 2009
murder mystery, diet, summer, blah
Current mood: blissful
I haven't had the chance to blog about the murder mystery dinner yet, so I thought I would do that. It wasn't what I was expecting, although I couldn't tell you exactly what it was I was expecting. It was like the "redneck" family reunion story line, one of them won the lottery, they all got together for a family reunion, the wife had told them all they would get some money but the husband said no way, we got to vote for one person to get the money, then of course the husband dies after his beer was poisoned and we had to figure out who did it. Our table was right, after much debate though. Our table had a group of 4 (3 ladies & 1 man, all late 40s-60s) who kept telling us different stories about thei life and what they did and who they were, asking us to guess their age and guess what was true about them and what wasn't. Then there were two older ladies together who were in their 60's, one who said she was a neurosurgeon and one who said she was an actress, which of course we cracked up at, after the other group had already done their making up of stories. And then there was us. Alan wanted to make up stories and play, but he wasn't quite prepared, and that's not my thing anyways. He said he needs to take Jamie or someone who will play along, becuase I stink at the whole pretending to be someone else, acting, trying to fool people. Lol. But at the end of the show, as they were introducing themselves, one of the actresses pointed to our table and said how her mom had always wanted to be a neurosurgeon and after years and years she finally got the degree, and how her aunt really was an actress in french films! Hilarious that we thought they were making it up! I had alot of fun, and I'd really like to do it again with a big bunch of friends! I ate probably between 1/2 to 3/4 of my meal, and gained 2 lbs the next day! But by the following day I had lost 1.6 lbs, so it was worth it. Tomorrow is day 20, and I have lost over 10lbs but honeslty haven't added it up in a while. I weight myself on a daily basis and record it, but don't add it up or tally it up until the end of the week. I lose anywhere from .6 to 1.6 lbs each day though, depending on if I have a taken a bite or two of something I shouldn't have, lol. But typically I don't lose less than .6, and not more than 1.6 in any given day.

I am dying to go camping, but I don't know if it is going to happen anytime soon. I can't seem to find anyone that can come with us! Lots of people want to, but schedules don't work out, etc. I need another family or someone to go that can help me get my tent up and start the fire and such the first night, until Alan can get there on the second day. Sigh. I love camping. It's almost blueberry picking time too! We go pick blueberries every year. But sadly, the place that we have been going to for like 5 years, lost thier whole crop to frost earlier this season. So we have to try a new place. I found one in Stroud that I am going to go to I think. I love picking blueberries!

Tonight I get to go to the velvet monkey grand opening, and see the 50's pin-up girl fashion show, which I am excited about. I love doing stuff like that, but don't get to very often. My friends Michael and Quinn are going to join me. Fun times!

And it looks like maybe Alan will get off this summer, but not until late July. He's been wanting a vacation forever, but they are always so short handed. But his managers said possibly the end of July he could have his week off! We had originally planned on taking the kids and going to nashville, and to see Graceland and Dollywood. But now Alan wants to take a cruise, just the two of us, and I think that sounds great too! So I think we might get to take a cruise. Not sure where yet, still checking it all out. It can be an early 5 year anniversary celebration for us! (which of course we've really been together 9 years.......well, give or take that year we spent apart, lol, we just took a while to get married!)

It kinda seems like summer is over, whenI think of it in weekends and such. Next weekend I wanted to go camping, but it doesn't look like its going to happen, the weekend after that Bourbon will be at his dad's, and then the following weekend is 4th of july, and then a couple weekends after that is Alan's vacation, and then a week after that school starts!! I know it really is quite a bit of time, but when I look at it like that, it just seems like it's already almost over.

I need to get to studying my astronomy. My first test is next week and I'm not even halfway done with the lessons for it! I planned on doing it yesterday, but when I took Starla to my moms to drop off for the day, my grandma somehow suckered me into helping her scrub my dads motorhome from tippy top to very bottom! I was on a ladder with a big brush srubbing this ancient beast that probably hadn't been cleaned in over 10 years! About 2 hours later when I left, I got home and got the bathroom scrubbed and cleaned when my mom called to tell me that my sis-in-law was in labor and could she bring Starla home! Oh well. When she got home she slept, so I got my livingroom, dining room cleaned and my floors polished. But no astronomy. Good intentions......

Speaking of my new nephew, I think I hear Starla up from her nap, which means it's time to go meet little Kyan Douglas Lucky!!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your nephew! i can't wait for pics!! i still never got to hear about the murder mystery in person so i'm glad i at least got to read about it here:)

    ReplyDelete