CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Watch our garden grow......

Saturday we went over to Nanny & Papa's to plant a garden. My parents always had a big garden while I was growing up, and I even remember my grandparents always having a big garden when I was little. My grandparents were there Saturday too, which was nice. We tried to plant a little garden last year, but we really don't have the space, and Tex was always in it. So I asked my parents if we could share a garden with them if we helped do the work, so they said ok. The boys were excited about first, but since it took us about 2 hours, they quickly realized it wasn't that much fun!

Papa helps up plant the tomato plants!




Starla was eager to help!




Bourbon plants a tomato plant!




The boys enjoyed it for about the first 5 minutes! After they realized how much work it was, they weren't quite as excited about planting a garden!!




Great Nanny helped us out alot. I love that the kids get to spend quality time with my grandparents. I hope they have wonderful memories to look back on one day.




Bourbon was a great seed planter!




Roman says he wants to be a farmer when he grows up!




Almost done!!!



We planted tomatos, green, red & yello bell peppers, green beans, snow peas, okra, zuchinni & yellow squash, spinach and we will also have a watermelon & cantelope patch. Woo hoo! I can't wait to have all those goodies this summer! I'm sure we will have plenty to share too!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! And it is great for the kids to see the kind of work it takes to grow food. I bet they will appreciate theirs more now especially if it comes from the garden they are tending. That garden looked so nice and big, you guys are going to be rolling in fresh local food. Way to be a locavore!

    ReplyDelete