We went to a fish fry this weekend at my in-laws in Duncan. They had caught a bunch of fish and had fmaily over to enjoy, it was nice. We take the road trip to duncan quite regularly, just a 90 mile drive, nothing big. But we go through little towns, like Rush springs; watermelon capital of the world. :) I always say we need to go to the watermelon festival there in august, yet we never make it, maybe we will this year. Anyways, quite a bit back, on Highway 81 on the way there, just on the side of the road at someones house, this dinosaur made out of a trailer and other scraps popped up. And then every few times we went by, something new had joined it! I always said I wanted to stop and take pics, but it kind if snuck up on you, around a corner, and I never seemed to see it in time to really stop. But this time I was thinking about it before we got to it, so I was on the look out for it. And we stopped. I swear everytime we go by now there is something new there! It's so much fun!
Some of my favorite flowers are wildflowers.
I love going on road trips in the spring and summer, because there are such beautiful patches of wildflowers along the roads! There are some spots on the way to duncan that have just a rainbow of wildflowers in the patch between the highways; purple, white, blue, pink, red, orange, yellow. It is an amazing sight. Unfortunately it's hard to take a pic of those places from a moving car, so this is what was around the place that we stopped. Not quite as colorful, but pretty all the same.
while we were stopped, Roman picked me a flower. Such a sweet kid.
It had to go in my hair! I love flowers in my hair.
Atht e fish fry, the boys caught some critters. Roman got a lizard and Bourbon got a toad. The lizard was lost before we made it home, and the toad was released today. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment